Obsessive Compulsive Spectrum Disorders (New DSM 5)
& Behavioural Therapy for Psychiatric Conditions(Class 2)
(For Caring Professionals)
MBChB (HK), MRCPsych (UK), FHKCPsych, FHKAM (Psych)
<Nursing Council of HK (香港護士管理局) CNE Approved Program>
The contemporary professional view on Obsessive Compulsive Disorders (OCD), according to the new DSM 5 classification, is that it is one of the most commonly seen disorders amongst the whole OC spectrum disorders. It can also be one of the most disabling neurotic mental conditions we come across day in and day out. It is the aim of this workshop to take a modern view on OCD, and to its extended family of disorders.
The second part of the workshop is to revisit the various Behavioural Therapies on different disorders such as Phobic Disorders, Panic Disorders and unwanted behavioural problems. Through seminar and video shows, rationales and techniques of various Behavioural Therapies will be brought to light.
- To have a contemporary view on Obsessive Compulsive Spectrum Disorders and the management of OCD
- To learn different Behavioural Therapies and their applications to different psychiatric conditions
- Classification and clinical features of OCD in DSM 5
- The cause, management and prognosis of OCD
- Introduction of other OC Spectrum Disorders such as Trichotillomania and Hoarding Disorder
- Introduction of basic rationales of Behavioural Therapies – Classical and Operant Conditioning
- The techniques and the applications of Behavioural Therapies in various psychiatric conditions
Dr. Chiu Siu Ning (趙少寧醫生)
- Specialist in Psychiatry (精神科專科醫生)
- MBChB (CUHK)
- MRCPsych (UK)
- FHKAM (PSYCHIATRY)
After graduating from the medical school of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Dr. Chiu began his public psychiatric service. He obtained his psychiatric professional qualification in UK in 1994.
Before start his private practicing in May 2007, he had been the Senior Medical Officer of Kwai Chung Hospital for more than 14 years.
Date : 11/7/2018 (Wed.)
Time : 9:30am – 5:30pm (7 hours)
Venue : Christian Family Service Centre (CFSC), Rm 201, 2/F, 3 Tsui Ping Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon (Kwun Tong MTR Station Exit D1)
Language : Cantonese supplement with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Target : Social workers, counselors, psychologists, health-care professionals, teachers, police officer and judicial personnel, as well as allied health professionals
Course Mode : Lecture, Video Shows, Role Play, Sharing and Case Discussion
Course Fee : HK$1,180-
Special Offer : HK$1,130- Enroll the course at least one month prior to the event
Group Discount : HK$50- discount each for group of 3 or more
- Nurse (CNE) : 7 points
- Social Worker (CPD) : 7 points
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : To be confirmed
Certificate : Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd“, A/C: 012-890-1-038-682-9, please send the completed enrollment form and bank-in slip to us by email (PDF) or by FAX: 852-2125 7900. We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you did not receive any confirmation.
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas/Paypal payment : Please click on Online Registration below.
For enquiry : please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.