Crisis in Action
Certificate in Managing Depression & Suicidal Behavior (Class 7)
Assessment, Prevention & Intervention Strategies
MBChB (HK), MRCPsych (UK), FHKCPsych, FHKAM (Psych)
For Caring Professionals
<香港護士管理局 (Nursing Council of HK) CNE 認可持續進修課程>
Depression is on the rise in Hong Kong. The rise comes as a result of a number of factors such as the increase in stress faced by people in the community and the increase in awareness of the problems. Suicide is considered a possible complication of depressive illness in combination with other risk factors because suicidal thoughts and behavior can be symptoms of moderate to severe depression.
In many cases, suicide can be prevented. In view of the rapid increase of developing community services in the psychiatric and social arena, it is deemed necessary for workers to be equipped with effective crisis-handling skills.
This course is mainly for the helping professions whoever wishes to enhance their knowledge and skills in managing service user with depressive illness and suicidal behavior which covering assessment, intervention and prevention and psychiatric crisis management in the clinical work.
- Understand Depression, its Prevalence & Clinical Features
- Understand the relationship between Depression and Suicidal behavior
- Risk Assessment & Management of Suicide in Psychiatric Emergencies
- Effective Strategies and Skills for Crisis Intervention
- Negotiation skills in Crisis Handling
Dr. Chiu Siu Ning (趙少寧醫生)
- Specialist in Psychiatry (精神科專科醫生)
- MBChB (CUHK)
- MRCPsych (UK)
- FHKAM (PSYCHIATRY)
After graduating from the medical school of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Dr. Chiu began his public psychiatric service. He obtained his psychiatric professional qualification in UK in 1994. Before start his private practicing in May 2007, he had been the Senior Medical Officer of Kwai Chung Hospital for more than 13 years.
Date : 26/4/2018 (Thurs.)
Time : 9:30am – 5:30pm (7 hours)
Venue : FHKI 31/F, Billion Plaza, 8 Cheung Yue Street, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Language : Cantonese supplement with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Target : Social workers, counselors, psychologists, health-care professionals, teachers, police officer and judicial personnel, as well as allied health professionals
Course Mode : Lecture, group discussion & case sharing
Course Fee : HK$1,180-
Special Offer : HK$1,130- Enroll the course at least one month prior to the event
Group Discount : HK$50- discount each for group of 3 or more
- Nurse (CNE) : 7 points
- Social Worker (CPD) : 7 points
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : 3 points (Program Code : BP17099)
- Educational Psychologist (CEUs) : 6 points
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd“, A/C: 012-890-1-038-682-9, please send the completed enrollment form and bank-in slip to us by email (PDF) or by FAX: 852-2125 7900. We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you did not receive any confirmation.
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas/Paypal payment : Please click on Online Registration below.
For enquiry : please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
- I had attended many similar clinical workshop on Depression & Suicide. This is the best and state-of-art presentation. Thanks Dr Chiu for the comprehensive, in depth knowledge presentation with engaging and interesting story. Dr Paul Chan, Medical Consultant
- 講者能將複雜簡化地清楚講解，透過練習，讓我多一點體會企圖自殺者的思維及心路歷程。 Social Worker
- 讓我更認識抑鬱症及其診斷方法，提高對企圖自殺者的敏銳觀察度，在工作剛位上更能提升自己有關方面的認識，及早介入。 Louise, Social Worker
- 講者能清楚講解，讓參加者對抑鬱症有清晰的了解，同時亦有提及一些提問技巧，具實用價值。Leung, Social Worker
- 專業醫生，細心講解，有系統，深入淺出，冇得頂。Dr Chiu 能將 DSM 的重點指出，令學生更能掌握知識。 Social Worker
- 多謝Dr Chiu 的分享，讓我對抑鬱症及自殺個案處理有更全面的理解，很欣賞講者能將深奧的精神病診斷學以淺出的方法生活化地演繹，導師預備了豐富的教材、抑鬱及自殺的評估表也很實用，能提升對自殺個案的預防及介入技巧，很值得推薦，令更多人受惠。 Registered Nures (Psychiatric), TC Chu
- 講員對課程的認識及表達能力超卓。 Sue
- 經過今次課程，學會在評估抑鬱症時，可提供更具體的提問技巧，及評估範疇。 社工
- 趙醫生的講解很有系統、生動精彩、資料豐富，令我們很容易掌握要點。 社工
- CPT的detail可以即學即用，type of depression好仔細，幫到明白不同symptom。行政人員
- 講解清晰，亦十分豐富。最欣賞講自殺的處理方法，以及談判的影片，能引起反思，思想面對自殺可以如何處理。 社工
- 趙醫生非常專業，表達清晰，課程實用。 社工 – Christine Hung
- 十分欣賞趙醫生投入教學，平易近人，鼓勵學員參與。對課題十分認識，經驗豐富，十分專業，解答清楚，提升學員對課題的認識。多謝您！ Emma
Workshop on Managing Depression and Suicidal Behavior