Effective Supervisory Skills for NGOs
香港護士管理局 (Nursing Council of HK) CNE 認可持續進修課程
Supervision is a day-to-day role, you may even say; it is a challenge to all supervisors/people managers. This workshop is designed to enhance individuals who are new to this position, as well as individuals already working as supervisors that wish to acquire practical knowledge, techniques and strengthen their confidence to excel in their role.
This workshop emphasizes on practicing essential supervisory skills accompanied by case studies drawn from the workplace. It equips participants to become an effective supervisor by gaining practical experiences.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
1. Understand their roles as supervisors and expectations from stakeholders
2. Differentiate the leadership styles and apply them appropriately at work
3. Set SMART goals with employees
4. Provide clear, easy-to-understand instructions to employees
5. Listen, ask appropriate questions and provide constructive feedback
- Roles of a Supervisor and Role-expectation from Stakeholders
- Basic Leadership Style and how it works
- Essential supervisory skills
a. Setting SMART goals
b. Effective Communication
•Asking questions to encourage positive behavior
•Providing feedback to facilitate performance improvement
- Action Planning
Ms. Stella Choi (蔡婉薇小姐)
Stella has a Master Degree in Human Resources Management from Macquarie University, Australia and a Bachelor Degree in Social Sciences from the University of Hong Kong. She speaks fluent English, Putonghua and Cantonese.
Stella has over 20 years working experience in Human Resources Management and Management Consulting. She is a seasoned Consultant and has accumulated a wealth of practical experience in managing various organizational developments, ranging from start-up, restructuring, outsourcing, merger and acquisition, as well as consulting companies in managing the human side of change.
Before that, Stella was the Human Resources Director of renowned US multinational Corporations for Hong Kong and Greater China Headquarters Office, where she practiced strong business partnership role with key business leaders.
- HKSPT Conference Room, 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Hung Hom, KLN, HK
(approx. 3 min walking distance from Whampoa MTR Station Exit D2)
Language : Cantonese supplemented with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Target : Supervisors, Managers
Course Mode : Lecture, group discussion, role play & case sharing
Course Fee :
- HK$1,330- (Enroll the course 1 month or more prior to the event)
- HK$50- off/person discount for group of 3 or above
- Nurse (CNE): 1 point/hour
- Social Worker (CPD): 1 point/hour
- Occupational Therapist (CPD): 3 points (Program Code : BP17049)
- Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd“, A/C: 012-890-1-038-682-9, please send the completed enrollment form and bank-in slip to us by email (PDF) or by FAX: 852-2125 7900. We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you did not receive any confirmation.
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas/Paypal payment : Please click on Online Registration below.
For enquiry : please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.