Managing Anxiety Disorders
(Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder)
by Dr. Cheung Wai Him, Specialist in Psychiatry
<香港護士管理局 (Nursing Council of HK) CNE 認可持續進修課程>
Anxiety Disorders are a cluster of disorders that shares features of excessive fear and anxiety and related behavioural disturbances. Among them, Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder are highly prevalent in the community. It is not uncommon for them to cause impairment in daily activities and comorbid with other psychiatric disorders in different stages of life, from adolescence to old age. Therefore, working with this group of clients poses great challenge to social workers, nurses, counsellors, teachers and parents in various settings.
Through the lecture and case sharing/discussion, this training workshop aims to equip health care professionals in various rehabilitative settings with the practical skills in comprehensive assessment of these conditions and introduce management strategies on handling this group of clients at different stages.
- To understand the nature and complications of Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder in patients of different age groups (from adolescence to old age).
- To develop a practical framework of assessment and management on clients with Anxiety Disorders.
- Overview of Anxiety Disorders (with specific focus on Generalised Anxiety Disorder and Panic Disorder) in DSM-5: its clinical applications and implications.
- Framework of assessment on these conditions, including the use of assessment tools.
- Formulation to differentiate from Major Depressive Disorder.
- Drug treatment and psychological interventions of these conditions.
Dr. CHEUNG, Wai-Him, Specialist in Psychiatry
In addition to the duties in the general adult psychiatric unit, Dr. CHEUNG also worked in a specialized unit for patients with intellectual disabilities for 6 years before he became the service in-charge of the Substance Abuse Assessment Unit of the Kwai Chung Hospital in 2007.
Dr. CHEUNG is the Clinical Assistant Professor (Honorary) and part-time Lecturer in the Department of Psychiatry of The Chinese University of Hong Kong. He also involved in training of social workers and teachers, and delivered talks to public.
Date : 30 June, 2017 (Friday)
Time : 9:30am – 5:30pm (7 hours)
- Christian Family Service Centre, Kwun Tong
- Room 201, 3 Tsui Ping Road, Kwun Tong. (approx. 3 min walking distance from Kwun Tong MTR Station D1 Exit)
- Location MAP
Language : Cantonese supplement with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Target : Social workers, counselors, psychologists, health-care professionals, as well as allied professionals.
Course Mode : Lecture, group discussion, role play & case sharing
Course Fee : HK$1,130-
Special Offer : HK$1,080- for registration made on one month or more prior to the event
Group Discount : HK$50-/each discount for group of 3 or more
- Nurse (CNE) : 7 points
- Social Worker (CPD) : 7 points
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : 3 points (Program Code : BP16197)
Certificate : Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd“, A/C: 012-890-1-038-682-9, please send the completed enrollment form and bank-in slip to us by email (PDF) or by FAX: 852-2125 7900. We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you did not receive any confirmation.
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment : Click Here to contact us.
For enquiry : For enquiry, please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
Student Feedback :
- 張醫生的講解很清楚、易明。 Tsukiko Wan
- 欣賞導師詳細介紹 anxiety disorder, depression and panic disorder 之異同，評估時須知。 輔導員 - Sylina Chan
- 多謝張醫生詳細講解及分享臨床經驗。 輔導員
- 欣賞講者的專業知識和經驗。 社工