(For Caring Professionals)
MBChB (CUHK), MRCPsych (UK), FHKCPsych, FHKAM (Psychiatry)
<香港護士管理局 (Nursing Council of HK) CNE 認可持續進修課程>
The contemporary professional view on Obsessive Compulsive Disorders (OCD), according to the new DSM 5 classification, is that it is one of the most commonly seen disorders among the whole OC spectrum disorders.
It can also be one of the most disabling neurotic mental conditions we come across day in and day out. The aim of this workshop is to take a modern view on OCD and its extended family.
The second part of the workshop is to revisit the various Behavioural Therapies on different disorders such as Phobic Disorders, Panic Disorders and unwanted behavioural problems. Through the seminar and video
shows, rationales and techniques of various Behavioural Therapies will be brought to light.
1. To have a contemporary view on Obsessive Compulsive Spectrum Disorders and the management of OCD
2. To learn different Behavioural Therapies and their applications to different psychiatric conditions
1. Classification and clinical features of OCD in DSM 5
2. The cause, management and prognosis of OCD
3. Introduction of other OC Spectrum Disorders such as Trichotillomania and Hoarding Disorder
4. Introduction of basic rationales of Behavioural Therapies – Classical and Operant Conditioning
5. The techniques and the applications of Behavioural Therapies in various psychiatric conditions
|Dr. Chiu Siu Ning (趙少寧醫生)
After graduating from the medical school of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Dr. Chiu began his public psychiatric service. He obtained his psychiatric professional qualification in UK in 1994.
Before start his private practicing in May 2007, he had been the Senior Medical Officer of Kwai Chung Hospital for more than 14 years.
Date : 11/7/2018 (Wed.)
Time : 9:30am – 5:30pm (7 hours)
Venue : Christian Family Service Centre (CFSC), Rm 201, 2/F, 3 Tsui Ping Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon (Kwun Tong MTR Station Exit D1)
Language : Cantonese supplement with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Target : Social workers, counselors, psychologists, health-care professionals, teachers, police officer and judicial personnel, as well as allied health professionals
Course Mode : Lecture, Video Shows, Role Play, Sharing and Case Discussion
Course Fee : HK$1,180-
Special Offer : HK$1,130- Enroll the course at least one month prior to the event
Group Discount : HK$50- discount each for group of 3 or more
- Nurse (CNE) : 7 points
- Social Worker (CPD) : 7 points
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : To be confirmed
Certificate : Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training