Certificate in Understanding Elderly Mental Health, DSM 5 (Class 3)
Neurocognitive Disorders, Elderly Depression & Parkinson’s Disease
Mental problems occur in all ages. Having good mental health throughout life does not ensure immunity from neurocognitive disorders, severe depression and other mental disorders in the senior years of life. In fact, some studies show elderly people are at a greater risk of suffering from mental disorders compared with younger people. However, many of these illnesses can be accurately diagnosed and treated.
To equip helping professionals who work with the elderly in the community, this course will offer latest knowledge of common Elderly Disorders in New DSM-5, the skills for handling assessments and treatment of several types of elderly disorders with their epidemiology, assessment, pharmacological and psychosocial intervention. Special efforts will also be given to the integration of concept and practice through lecture, exercise, sharing and case discussions.
To equip participants with latest knowledge of common Elderly Disorders in New DSM-5 and management of the three important elderly mental issues: Neurocognitive Disorders, Elderly Depression & Parkinson’s Disease.
- Overview the Common Elderly Mental Disorders in New DSM-5
- Update Concepts of Neurocognitive Disorders, Elderly Depression & Parkinson’s Disease
- Epidemiology, risk factors, clinical features, diagnosis, causes, assessment and staging on these elderly mental disorders
- Screening methods and contemporary pharmacological and non-pharmacological management of these conditions
After graduating from the medical school of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Dr. Chiu began his public psychiatric service. He obtained his psychiatric professional qualification in UK in 1994.
Before start his private practicing in May 2007, he had been the Senior Medical Officer of Kwai Chung Hospital for more than 14 years
Date : 23/11/2018 (Fri.)
Time : 9:30am – 5:30pm (7 hours)
Venue : Christian Family Service Centre (CFSC), Rm 201, 2/F, 3 Tsui Ping Road, Kwun Tong, Kowloon (Kwun Tong MTR Station Exit D1)
Language : Cantonese supplement with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Target : Social workers, Counselors, Psychologists, Health-care professionals, Teachers, Police Officer and Judicial Personnel, as well as Allied Professionals.
Course Mode : Lecture, group discussion, role play & case sharing
Course Fee : HK$1,180-
Special Offer : HK$1,130- Enroll the course at least one month prior to the event
Group Discount : HK$50- off/person discount for group of 3 or above
- Nurse (CNE) : 7 points
- Social Worker (CPD) : 7 points
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : 3 points (Program Code : BP18057)
Certificate : Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd“, A/C: 012-890-1-038-682-9, please send the completed enrollment form and bank-in slip to us by email (PDF) or by FAX: 852-2125 7900. We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you did not receive any confirmation.
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas/Paypal payment : Please click on Online Registration below.
For enquiry : please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
Trainees’ Feedback on Dr Chiu’s Training
- This is the best and state-of-art presentation. Thanks Dr Chiu for the comprehensive, in depth knowledge presentation with engaging and interesting story. Dr Paul Chan, Medical Consultant
- 讓我更認識抑鬱症及其診斷方法，提高對企圖自殺者的敏銳觀察度，在工作剛位上更能提升自己有關方面的認識，及早介入。 Louise, Social Worker
- 趙醫生的課程，特點是深入淺出，例子生動，鼓勵學員提問，令學員能夠活學活用; 我最大的得著是真正充份理解怎樣具體和客觀的評估一個人的精神狀態，以何準則為基礎與及從何處入手；趙醫生以一個下午的時間，簡明地演譯了最新 DSM-5 版本的變動，不單止令我得到清晰的框架去透視精神學科的診斷架構，也豐富了我知識上的藍圖；娓娓道來的經驗之談，更加深我對精神學科的正確知識，相信對於我的價值，已經不止是單純工作上的了！Cindia, Medical Escort Doctor
- 專業醫生，細心講解，有系統，深入淺出，冇得頂。Dr Chiu 能將 DSM 的重點指出，令學生更能掌握知識。 Social Worker
- 能夠很清楚分別DSM IV & DSM-5 有那些地方修正，也有足夠休息及提問時間。
- Very clear, organized and well structured.
- Dr. Chiu 的分享十分實用，尤其是Mental State Exam 的framework。
- 述說有關精神病之病狀，case sharing, 理解患者精神狀況，講員把最新狀況更新學員。
- 講者講解清晰，內容充實，介紹DSM5時能化繁為簡，令人掌握從DSM-IV 的改變。
- Dr. Chiu’s framework of MSE, which is unique and practical, outstanding presentation, clear and precise.
- Clear rationales for the changes from DSM-IV to DSM-5。
- 欣賞老師能深入淺出演譯classification Mental State Examination，令學生容易掌握及應用在工作上。
- 欣賞講者能精簡地表達了複雜的程序和概念，講解詳細，附有case 分享。
及很有意義，真正為幫助他人，付出無私的愛心。 Jay Wu