Positive Leadership and Resilience Psychology
by Dr. Albert Chan PHD, PSYD
<Nursing Council of HK (香港護士管理局) CNE Approved Program>
Managing crisis is no longer in the hands of helping professionals such as psychologists and social workers. In our post-modern society, managers and human resources personnel are the gate keepers of the mental health of their staff. They may be the first contacts to assist employees who are in crisis or suffer or are in face of emotional problems. This 2 days' workshop comprises of important elements to transform leaders be a successful positive leader.
The focus is on the essence of being a positive leader with development of resilience and the wisdom of managing both healthy and capable staff, as well as staff with both issues of competency and mental problems. The bonus of this workshop also inform leaders on adequate knowledge of mental health first aids.
- Develop strategies to become a positive leader working with human excellences
- Gain knowledge on aversive human behaviors and workplaces critical events
- Develop positive and effective management resilience
Module 1 - Positive Leadership
- Applying Positive Psychology in the Workplace: Positive Organizational Behavior
- An Overview on Leadership Theories & Positive Leadership
- Strategies/Resources in Developing Positive Leadership
- Personal Resource of Psychological Capital (Resiliency, Self-efficacy, Optimism, & Hope)
- Work Engagement & Job Performance
- The Role of Positive Emotion, Forgiveness and Gratitude
Module 2 - Working with Emotionally Disturbed Staff
- Mental Health Status Assessment
- Suicidal Assessment
- Fatigue Management and Sleeping Well
- Mental Health First Aid: Common Mental Health Problems
- Characteristics of Effective Supportive Manager
Module 3 - Crisis Intervention and Management
- Emotion & Anger Management
- Basic Counselling Skills
Dr. Albert Chan, Ph.D. & Psy. D.
University of the Rockies and McGill University
- Reg. Social Worker
Clinical & Counseling Psychologist
Doctor in Clinical Psychology, Uni. of The Rockies
Doctor in Counseling Psychology, Belford Uni. USA
Master of Education (Counselling Psychology), McGill Uni.
Certified Trainer, (NOVA) National Community Crisis Response Team Training, USA
Certificate of Critical Incident Debriefing, Nova and Mitchell Models (Basic and Advance)
AAMFT Clinical Fellow and Approved Supervisor (USA)
Visiting Professor, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, Zhuhai
A dynamic and experienced Clinical and Counseling Psychologist with a wide range of personal and corporate management coaching and training experiences from a variety of organizations includes government, non-profit organizations and private corporations.
Albert offers inspiring insights and stimulating experiential facilitation and psychological services that cultivate participants’ strengths and motivation to develop innovations and practical solutions; coaching CEOs and leaders includes Manulife, Medical officers and HK police Superintendents etc.
Date : (To be Confirmed)
Time : 9:30am – 5:30pm (7 hours)
- Christian Family Service Centre, Kwun Tong
- Room 201, 3 Tsui Ping Road, Kwun Tong. (approx. 3 min walking distance from Kwun Tong MTR Station D1 Exit)
- Location MAP
Language : Cantonese supplement with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Target : Social workers, counselors, health-care professionals, teachers, HR managers, Team supervisors, unit managers as well as allied professionals.
Course Mode : Lecture, group discussion, role play & case sharing
Course Fee : HK$2,160-
Special Offer : HK$2,060- Enroll the course one month or more prior to the event
Group Discount : HK$1,960-/each for group of 3 or more
- Nurse (CNE) : 14 points
- SW (CPD) : 14 points
- OT (CPD) : To be confirmed
Certificate : Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Payment by Cheque: Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in: Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd“, A/C: 012-890-1-038-682-9, please send the completed enrollment form and bank-in slip to us by email (PDF) or by FAX: 852-2125 7900. We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you did not receive any confirmation.
- Macau Payment: Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment: Click Here to contact us.
For enquiry : For enquiry, please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.