“Managing Addictive Behaviours & Impulse-control Disorders”
Internet Addiction, Pathological Gambling and Kleptomania
MBChB (HK), MRCPsych (UK), FHKCPsych, FHKAM (Psych)
<Nursing Council of HK (香港護士管理局) CNE Approved Program>
The development of internet usage has been regarded as one of the greatest inventions in human history. While it brings communication and information-seeking to another advanced level, it creates addiction.
It is the purpose of this workshop to looks into the psychiatric perspective of several Addictive Behaviours and Impulse-control Disorders, under the insight brought along by the new DSM 5. In this workshop, we will explore the problems of Internet Addiction,
Pathological Gambling and Kleptomania( 盜竊癖). Their core features and contemporary management will be discussed. The forensic nature of Kleptomania in psychiatry will be unveiled.
- To equip participants with update knowledge about the nature and management of several Additive Behaviours and Impulse-control Disorders under the scope of the new DSM 5
- To understand the core features, the causes and screening methods of Internet Addiction, Pathological Gambling and Kleptomania
- The Concepts of Addictive Behaviours and Impulse-control Disorders in the new DSM 5
- The Core Features, the Causes and Screening Methods of Internet Addiction, Pathological Gambling and Kleptomania
- The Contemporary Management Strategies for these
- The psychiatric and forensic perspectives of Kleptomania
- Specialist in Psychiatry (精神科專科醫生)
- MBChB (CUHK)
- MRCPsych (UK)
- FHKAM (PSYCHIATRY)
After graduating from the medical school of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Dr. Chiu began his public psychiatric service. He obtained his psychiatric professional qualification in UK in 1994. Before start his private practicing in May 2007, he had been the Senior Medical Officer of Kwai Chung Hospital for more than 14 years.
Date : To be Confirmed
Time : 9:30am – 5:30pm (7 hours)
- Christian Family Service Centre, Kwun Tong
- Room 201, 3 Tsui Ping Road, Kwun Tong. (approx. 3 min walking distance from Kwun Tong MTR Station D1 Exit)
- Location MAP
Language : Cantonese supplement with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Target : Social workers, counselors, psychologists, health-care professionals, teachers, police officer and judicial personnel, as well as allied professionals.
Course Mode : Lecture, group discussion & case sharing
Course Fee : HK$1,080-
Special Offer : HK$1,030- Enroll the course 1 month or more prior to the event
Group Discount : HK$980-/each for group of 3 or more
- Nurse (CNE) : 7 points
- Social Worker (CPD) : 7 points
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : 3 points (Program Code : BP16143)
Certificate : Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd“, A/C: 012-890-1-038-682-9, please send the completed enrollment form and bank-in slip to us by email (PDF) or by FAX: 852-2125 7900. We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you did not receive any confirmation.
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment : Click Here to contact us.
For enquiry : For enquiry, please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
Student Feedback :
- 病理概念的講解很清晰。 社工
- 欣賞講者資料豐富，自信，表達清晰。 社工 - Paul
- 欣賞課程的專業性資料，和老師教學的技巧及知識。 輔導/教師
- 欣賞趙醫生的專業講解。 家庭治療師
- 講者有豐富經驗，講解深入淺出，令學生易於吸收。 社工 - Jenny Leung
- 解釋概念部份很好，非常清晰。個案分享，非常實用 (Skills)。 社工
- 趙醫生的專業知識豐富，課程內容充實。教學深入淺出，顯淺易明。 護士 - Vas
- 醫生對課題非常了解，知識豐富，講解有趣生動。可見就課題做了很多資料搜集。 Tracy Ho