NFPS Trainer Refresher Course
Restraint & Breakaway Instructor Refresher and Accreditation Course
by NFPS, Class 21
Training at a higher level for Workplace & Personal Safety
The main aim of the course is to refresh and qualify you with a Licensed Award in Physical Restraint & Breakaway Techniques Instruction, making you a professionally qualified Physical Intervention Instructor with a licensed certificate issued by a UK leading specialists in conflict risk management and personal safety training consultancy. This course also offers updated and advanced technical training from very low level and least intrusive interventions, suitable for staff who may have to deal with vulnerable young people or vulnerable adults, through to the more restrictive level holds required for staff who have to deal with a much higher degree of challenging behavior or more aggressive and violent behavior.
- Refresh the Laws Govern the Use of Physical Force for Restraint
- Refresh the techniques of Least Restrictive / Non-harmful Methods of Control / High-level intervention / Breakaway Techniques
- Update you with the humanistic approaches and advanced technical skills on managing the low-level intensity of challenging / violent behavior
- The Use of Safety Pods
If you’re an NFPS accredited trainer for your organization, you’ll need to complete a short re-accreditation course annually to continue delivering training. Our trainer courses are valid for twelve months, so you’ll need to book your re-accreditation course within this time period.
The benefits of re-accreditation
- Continue leading and supporting the delivery of training in your organization
- Stay aware of statutory guidance and legal changes
- Refresh your knowledge
- Keep consistent in your approach
- Update your skills
- Invest in your continued professional development
We have specifically designed our refresher courses for individuals who have already achieved an NFPS trainer full pass, covering everything you need to keep confidently delivering NFPS Physical Restraint and Breakaway training in your organization.
Principal Trainer :
Mr. Lawrence Chu (朱德俊先生)
- National Coach Tutor and Greater China Representative (NFPS)
- Certified Trainer, The Mandt System ® (US) (2011-2015)
- Master of Social Science in Counseling (Uni. SA)
- Licensed NLP Trainer (SNLPTM)
- Licensed Medical NLP Health Practitioner (MNLP)
- Certified Hypnotherapist Instructor (NHG)
- Registered Nurse (Psychiatric)
- Associate Certified Meta-Coach® (ISNS)
- Registered Corporate Coach (WABC)
- Licensed Facilitator, The Coaching Clinic ® (CCUI)
- Accredited Family Mediator (HKMAAL) 2013-2014
Course Date :
- Class 21: To be confirmed
Time : 9:30am – 5:30pm (7 hours)
- FHKI, 31/F, Billion Plaza, 8 Cheung Yue Street, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon (approx. 3 min walking distance from Lai Chi Kok MTR Station D2 Exit)
- Location MAP
- For Current NFPS / HKSPT Licensed Trainers only.
- For Expired NFPS / HKSPT Trainer (Expired for a period less than 3 years): Additional Charge HK$1,200-
- For NFPS /HKSPT Accreditation Certificate that has expired for a period exceeding 3 year is not renewable by this course. In that case, if you wish to re-obtain a NFPS / HKSPT Accreditation Certificate, you will be required to attend our 3-Day Refresher updating program and re-take all assessments again.
Language : Cantonese supplement with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Course Mode : Lecture, discussion, practical exercise
1. For Current trainer (The Fee including UK Value Added Tax and Administrative Charge.>
2. Special Rate for Non-commercial & Agency-based Internal Trainer only <社福機構內部培訓導師優惠> (License holder must not conduct any public training or class either in the name of the licensee or any organization, therefore, no revenue or training fee should be generated under this term.)
- HK$2,500- Online Registration Special Rate Code: NTT21@NGO <Special Rate Discount: please register on or before 30/11/2022>
Expired NFPS / HKSPT Trainer (Expired for a period less than 3 years): Additional Charge HK$1,200- (please contact our staff for registration)
Professional Accreditation :
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : To be confirmed.
- Nurse (CNE) : To be confirmed.
- Social Worker (CPD) : 7 points
Participants who reach 100% attendance and completed all performance assessments will be eligible to apply:
- Certificate of “Licensed Physical Restraint & Breakaway Instructor” issued by “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training”
- One Year Certificate of “Restraint and Breakaway Instructor Accreditation”, issued by “The National Federation for Personal Safety, NFPS Ltd, UK”
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in / Fast Payment Service (FPS) 轉數快 / PayMe : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd” 中銀香港A/C No: 012-890-1-038-682-9. or FPS (轉數快): 8835217 / PayMe : Please scan our PayMe QR Code and keep the payment record of PayMe screenshots. Please send the completed registration form and Bank in slip/ Capture Slip to Hong Kong Society of Professional Training either by email (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax: 852-21257900
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment : Click Here to contact us.
For enquiry : please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
- A confirmation email will be sent within 1 week from the day of registration made, please contact us if no further information received.
- Once a registration is submitted, it will be processed and non-refundable for any reason All requests for registration amendment must be given in written form Administration fee of HK$200 will be charged for any processing request.
- Official receipt will be issued on the first day of training Administration fee of HK$50 will be charged for re issue of the official receipt.
- The personal data provided on this form will only for registration use.
For enquiry : For enquiry, please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
Testimonial from a World Leading Expert on the Use of Force and Personal Safety Training & Consultancy
Lawrence is one of life’s good guys. He is someone I would trust explicitly as he believes in doing what is right because it is the right thing to do. Lawrence has invested in your training and development through his approach to his own investment in what he knows which has resulted in him traveling the world to source and train with some of the world’s best in their chosen fields. His journey of endeavor and quest for excellence will undoubtedly help you start on your journey, as he has already walked the path that you are now choosing to follow. As one great person once said: “We should not judge people by their peak of excellence; but by the distance they have traveled from the point where they started.”
If you are looking for a new start then it is always best to follow in the footsteps of a wise and knowledgeable traveller. That is what we do when we choose our holidays, why not do the same when we make other life choices. My recommendation is to let Lawrence be your guide.
Mark Dawes, Director of NFPS, UK Expert on the Use of Force and Published Author.
- 如有任何疑問，歡迎瀏覽本學會網頁hkspt.org 或致電 3111 0264 查詢。
問 與 答 :
問題一: 專業導師為什麼需要持續進修及認證 (Instructor Refresher Course & Accreditation)？
- 所有持有英國 NFPS「Restraint & Breakaway Instructor Accreditation」的導師認證有效期為一年，發證機構為確保導師符合最新安全指引、典範實務 「BEST PRACTICE 」及專業水平，要求所有導師必須每年參與持續進修 (refresher course) 及 通過評核 (Assessment)，經評核合格後再獲年度認可證書(Accreditation)。
- Chick here to the List of Licensed NFPS Trainers in Hong Kong
- 根據暴力行為控制及脫身法培訓的典範實務 「BEST PRACTICE 」，英國 NFPS 標準為每年必須重修及通過評核，而美國 The Mandt System ® 標準為每兩年必須重修及通過評核。
- 為確保所學的技巧為最新及符合相關安全指引，我們建議機構 / 學員使用持有年度認證的導師。事實上，我們學會已更新及停止教授 2008-2012 年的大部份脫身法技巧及控制法，以符合英國和美國相關指引及安全指數。
- 持有年度英國 NFPS 認可培訓機構名稱 (Licensed Centre)已刊載在英國 NFPS 網頁: NFPS Licensed Centres List ，歡迎按此查看。
- 參與機構亦可向服務提供者要求查看導師是否持有年度認可證書 (Accreditation Certificate / Refresher Certificate)，確保質素。
- 本學會全部導師通過年度英國 NFPS 評核，並領有認可證書，歡迎各機構查詢。
- 請按此查看香港 NFPS 認證導師名冊: Click here to the List of Licensed Trainers in Hong Kong
- 深入於"體位性窒息"的課題，資料充足、具體、詳細。提醒指導重點和技巧。 (社工)
- 法律與知識方面的更新。 (社工 - Jackson Chan)
- 欣賞課程中提供澳門法律介紹 + 風險評估注意事項，及研究分析數據。 (行政人員 - Tim)
- 有很多真實個案及影片，更具體地描述體位、體重指標延長時間、施力的危害。 (護士)
- 欣賞有澳門法例，體位性窒息研究之分享。 (治療師 - Leung Siu Bong)
- 提供有數據印證那些動作最高危，及動作之refresh。 (治療師)
- 欣賞法律部份的講解，及曾大律師分享案例，有趣實用。 (社工)
- 講員表現好，法例部份很有用。 (治療師)
- 講解法律部份，對法律多了掌握，保障到使用控制時的合理性/ 合法性。 (社工 - Simon Tang)
- Elaboration of law and cases from bassistor Tsang. (Social worker)
- Lying & seated restraint, Law & restraint. (Social worker)
- 法律責任的 case 分享及提問，有用。 (社工 - Morton)
- 欣賞法律部份講解詳盡。 (護士- Ceda Chan)
- 有專業大律師分享。 (行政人員)
Our Global Partners: