Professional Certificate in Case Management for People with Severe Mental Illness
Module I : Case Management in Community Mental Health Care ;
Module II : Case Management in Family Work, Medication and Crisis
Case Management is a care delivery model commonly used internationally at the field of medical and social services. It was adopted locally at Hong Kong in recent decades. Evidence showed that it was effective to improve quality of care for different types of services users with complex needs.
The whole course will be divided into two parts. Each part will include a two-day workshop for case managers who are caring people with Severe Mental Illness.
For part 1 of this program, it will start with an overview and understanding of the model of Case Management. Participants will then be introduced further practical skills on Clinical Assessment, Care Planning, Intervention and Evaluation. They will gradually be equipped with the basic theories and practice of Case Management.
For part 2 of the workshop, it is designed to generate discussions on several specific topics in daily clinical practice. For instance, issues will include how to handle difficult cases, Family Work, Medication Management, Relapse Prevention and Crisis Intervention. With both workshops, participants will enhance their awareness on the width and depth of the theories and practice of Case Management.
- Get an overview of Case Management in Community Mental Health Care.
- Learn the key features of different Case Management Models.
- Acquire the basic knowledge and skills in clinical practice as a case manager to look after service users with Severe Mental Illness.
- Gain a brief understanding of Family Work and Medication Management.
- Acquire the essential elements and the general process of Crisis Intervention.
Course Content :
Module I : Case Management in Community Mental Health Care
- An Overview of Case Management
- History & Development of Community Mental Health Care
- Target clients for Case Management
- Case Management Models
- Roles and Competencies of case managers
- Care Planning & Intervention for People with Severe Mental Illness
- Techniques on Care Objectives & Care Plan Setting
- Choices and Strategies of Intervention
- Application of Strength Model & Evaluation
- Key features of Strength Model
- Wisdom in clinical application
- Clinical Evaluation
- Use of common tools
Module II: Case Management in Family Work, Medication and Crisis
- Techniques on Handling Difficult Cases
- Common difficult cases with Severe Mentally Illness at the community
- Strategies for action
- Family Work
- Understanding of Family Work
- Management of family members with High Expressed Emotion (HEE)
- 3. Medication Management & Relapse Prevention for Psychiatric Patients
- Common treatments for people with Severe Mental Illness
- The positive and negative effects of psychiatric drugs
- Understanding of Drug Management & Relapse Prevention
- Crisis Intervention
- Understanding of Mental Health Ordinances
- Psychiatric Emergency & Crisis Intervention
- Preparation, Action in Place & After Care of a Crisis Intervention
CHAN Oi Wah, Eva (陳靄華女士)
RMN, BSN(Hons), MSc(LSHTM), FHKCCHP
- Registered Psychiatric Nurse
- Bachelor of Science (Hons) in Nursing (HKPU)
- Master of Science in Health Promotion (LSHTM)
- Mini Fellow of Behavioral Sleep Medicine (PennU)
- Recovery Educator (Yale U)
- Fellow of Hong Kong College of Community Health Practitioners
Miss Chan is an experienced psychiatric nurse. In the past years, she has made contribution to develop nursing competencies for staff training and development at Hong Kong Hospital Authority. She advocated the Case Management Model at Community Psychiatric Nursing and was one of the key members to initiate deinstitutionalization projects at local mental hospitals in line of the international service trend.
In addition, Miss Chan is a frequent speaker and awarded at seminars, universities and international conferences. She received twice the Certificate of Appreciation by Governor of Hong Kong and Chief Executive of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People's Republic of China as well.
Date & Time:
Module I (2 days) : 2 July & 3 July 2020 (Thur. & Fri.) 9:30am – 5:30pm (total of 14 hours)
Module II (2 days) : 9 July & 10 July 2020 (Thur. & Fri.) 9:30am – 5:30pm (total of 14 hours)
- Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- HKSPT Conference Room, 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Hung Hom, KLN, HK (Approx. 3 min walking distance from Whampoa MTR Station Exit D2 )
- Location Map (地圖)
- Seating Plan for HKSPT Conference Room (會議室坐位的大致安排)
Full Course fee (4 days) : HK$4,800- per each Participant ;
Early Bird Special Offer : HK$4,600- (Enroll the course at least one month prior to the event) ;
Group Discount : Less HK$200-/each for group of 3 or more
Individual Module :
Module I (2 days) : HK$2,400- ; Early Bird Special Offer : HK$2,300- on or before 1/6/2020 ; Group Discount : Less HK$100-/each for group of 3 or more
Module II (2 days) : HK$2,600- ; Early Bird Special Offer : HK$2,500- on or before 1/6/2020 ; Group Discount : Less HK$100-/each for group of 3 or more
Language : Cantonese supplemented with English (teaching materials are mainly in English)
Course Mode : Lecture, Group Discussion & Case Sharing
Target : Case managers, Social Workers, Nurses, Therapists, Staff who working at Integrated Community Centre for Mental Wellness (ICCMW) or Professionals who interested in Case management
Certificate : Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Nurse (CNE) : 1 CNE point/ hour
- Social Worker (CPD) : 1 CPD point/ hour
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : To be confirmed
**(Online Registration is for full course enrollment only, for individual module application, please download the application form)**
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in / Fast Payment Service (FPS) 轉數快 / PayMe: Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd” 中銀香港A/C No: 012-890-1-038-682-9. or FPS (轉數快): 8835217 / PayMe: Please scan our PayMe QR Code and keep the payment record of PayMe screenshots. Please send the completed registration form and Bank in slip/ Capture Slip to Hong Kong Society of Professional Training either by email (PDF) to email@example.com or by fax: 852-21257900
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas/Paypal payment : Please click on Online Registration below.
- We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you did not receive any confirmation.
For enquiry : please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
- The course confirmation will be sent to participants via email at least 2 weeks before the course, please contact us if you do not receive any notification.
- All registration will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
- Once a registration has submitted, it cannot be refunded and cancelled for any reasons.
- All requests for any change of registration must be given in a written from for approval. An administration fee of HK$200 will be charged for any processing request.
- Official receipt will be issued on the first day of the course. Re issue of official receipt will be charged HK$50.
- If you have any enquiry, please feel free to contact us on www.hkspt.org or 3111 0264.