Certificate in Trauma Reduction for Caring Professionals
During the Coronavirus pandemic outbreaks, people and communities are traumatized by the invisible enemies which have been infecting more than 2 millions of people worldwide. We all are traumatized with helpless hands, not knowing when will the virus be tackled comprehensively and fully controlled the spreading with appropriate treatment.
This program is organized to equip both helping professionals and laymen to understand how to manage trauma when it happens, understand both short-term acute stress and long-term consequences of Post-traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD). Furthermore, learning how to process personal traumatic narratives as the gateway to health.
In completion of the course, participants will gain the understanding of:
- the Nature of Trauma and Post-traumatic Stress Disorders (PTSD)
- Trauma-related Mental Health disorders Assessments
- Conceptualized and formalized Treatment Goals and Intervention
- Understanding self-stress coping skills and strategies
- Sign and Reactions of Normal Stress & Severe Stress
- Main Types of Affective Disorders
- Pathway from Anxiety, Depression to PTSD
The Nature of PTSD
- PTSD’s Facts vs. Myths
- PTSD’s Neurological and Psychosocial Effects
- PTSD’s Acute Effects vs. Long Term Effects
The Role of Emotion in Traumatic Field
- Understanding of Traumatized Emotions
- Understanding of the Traumatized Narrative
- Application of Attributional Styles
- Risk factors: Ambiguity, Comorbidity
- Survivors of Death
- Simple PTSD & Complex PTSD
Implementation & Considerations of Treatment
- Managing flashbacks
- The Reprocessing of Narrative
- Hypnotic Skills / Self-hypnotic Intervention
- Exercises and Stress Reduction
- Healing Work
- 〝Inner Child” Approaching
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Intervention Difference between Children and Elderly
Dr. Albert Chan (PHD, PSYD)
- Clinical & Counseling Psychologist, Div. 32, APA (USA)
- Registered Social Worker
- Certified Trainer, (NOVA) National Community Crisis Response Team Training, USA
- Certificate of Critical Incident Debriefing, Nova and Mitchell Models (Basic and Advance)
- Doctor in Clinical Psychology, Uni. of The Rockies
- Doctor in Counseling Psychology, Belford Uni. USA
- Master of Education (Counselling Psychology), McGill Uni.
- AAMFT Clinical Fellow and Approved Supervisor (USA)
- Head and Professor, School of Psychology, Gratia Christian College
- Visiting Professor, Macau and Mongolia University of Science and Technology
Dr. Albert Chan is a dynamic and experienced Clinical and Counseling Psychologist with a wide range of personal and corporate management coaching and training experiences from a variety of organizations includes government, non-profit organizations and private corporations.
Dr. Chan offers inspiring insights and stimulating experiential facilitation and psychological services that cultivate participants’ strengths and motivation to develop innovations and practical solutions; coaching CEOs and leaders includes Byer international Corp, Manulife, Prudential, and Price Waterhouse Cooper, HK senior medical officers, HK police superintendents, and Accountants.
Date & Time : 6 Nov. & 13 Nov. 2020 (Fri.) 9:30am – 5:30pm (total of 14 hours)
- Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- HKSPT Conference Room, 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Hung Hom, KLN, HK (Approx. 3 min walking distance from Whampoa MTR Station Exit D2 )
- 地圖位置 MAP
- HKSPT - 會議室坐位的大致安排
Target : Helping Professionals, Teachers, Medical staff and anyone who interested
Course Fee :
- HK$2,500- (Enroll the course 1 month or more prior to the event)
- discount $100/each person (for each group of 3 or above)
Language : Cantonese supplemented with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Course Mode : Lecture, group discussion, role play & case sharing
Certificate : Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Nurse CNE : 14 points
- Social Worker CPD : 14 points
- OT CPD : To be confirmed
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in / Fast Payment Service (FPS) 轉數快 : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd” 中銀香港A/C No: 012-890-1-038-682-9. or FPS (轉數快): 8835217
- PayMe : Please scan our PayMe QR Code as below.
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment : Click Here to contact usPlease send the completed registration form and Bank in slip/ Screenshots to Hong Kong Society of Professional Training either by email (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax: 852- 21257900.
#1. The course confirmation will be sent to participants via email at least 2 weeks before the course, please contact us if you do not receive any notification.
2. All registration will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
3. Once a registration has submitted, it cannot be refunded and cancelled for any reasons.
4. All requests for any change of registration must be given in a written from for approval. An administration fee of HK$200 will be charged for any processing request.
5. Official receipt will be issued on the first day of the course. Re issue of official receipt will be charged HK$50.
6. If you have any enquiry, please feel free to contact us on www.hkspt.org or 3111 0264.