The Matrix of Needs: Reframing Human Needs
<Live Broadcast via ZOOM>
All Tuition feeds are donated to charity
The Matrix of Needs is a new way to understand what it means to be human, and how to best support people to understand that safety is more than one of our human needs, it is the most important of them all. The Matrix of Needs also recognizes the innate biological drive for social connection, culminating in the apex of the matrix, Interdependent Actualization. Drawing upon research from the biological sciences and the impact of trauma on neurosensory development, the presenter will provide a framework within which participants can begin to identify pathways to healing and wholeness for the individuals they support.
To support human service professionals to identify the unmet needs in the lives of the people they support, and how to structure supports to empower people to meet their needs.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants will be able do:
- Describe the role of safety in meeting human needs
- Delineate the different processes in the Matrix of Needs
- Explain the presence of communication as a human need
- List the ways in which people compensate for unmet needs
- Explain the different ways people relate through the lifespan
- Describe what is meant by Interdependent Actualization
|Mr. Bob Bowen
Bob Bowen is a behavioural consultant supporting people with complex behavioural needs in Melbourne, Australia and several American states. He has over 40 years of experience in human services, has authored numerous book chapters, scientific and peer reviewed articles and has provided workshops throughout the world, including Hong Kong, Australia, Europe, and North America.
Date : 11/9/2021 (Sat.)
Time : 9:00am – 12:00 noon (3 hours)
＜All tuition fees are donated to charity＞
<This course only provides electronic receipt, if you need to apply paper receipt, please contact our staff>
Course Fee : HK$500-
Special Offer : HK$400- (Enroll the course on or before 15/7/2021)
Language : English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Course Mode : Zoom – Lecture & case sharing
Target : Helping professionals, Teachers, Medical Staff and anyone who interested
Certificate : “Electronic Certificate of Attendance” issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Nurse (CNE) : 3 CNE
- Social Worker (CPD) : 3 CPD
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : To be confirmed
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in / Fast Payment Service (FPS) 轉數快 / PayMe : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd” 中銀香港A/C No: 012-890-1-038-682-9. or FPS (轉數快): 8835217 / PayMe : Please scan our PayMe QR Code and keep the payment record of PayMe screenshots. Please send the completed registration form and Bank in slip/ Capture Slip to Hong Kong Society of Professional Training either by email (PDF) to email@example.com or by fax: 852-21257900
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment : Click Here to contact us.
For enquiry : please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
- The course confirmation will be sent to participants via email at least 2 weeks before the course, please contact us if you do not receive any notification.
- All registration will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
- Once registration has submitted, it cannot be refunded and canceled for any reason.
- All requests for any change of registration must be given in a written form for approval. An administration fee of HK$200 will be charged for any processing request.
- Official receipt will be issued on the first day of the course. Re-issue of official receipt will be charged HK$50.
- If you have any enquiry, please feel free to contact us on www.hkspt.org or 3111 0264.