Training in Emotion-Focused Therapy (Individual) (Class 2)
– Understanding Emotions and Empathic Attunement
Professional Counseling & Therapeutic Series
Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT) is a form of process-experiential psychotherapy integrating person-centered therapy, Gestalt therapy, experiential therapy, existential therapy with contemporary emotion theory. It is an empirically supported therapy based on over 30 years of clinical research on the process of change. The change process is facilitated through enhancing emotion awareness, emotion expression, emotion regulation, reflection on emotional experience and emotion transformation. This therapy proposes that the best way to achieve enduring changes in cognition, behavior and interaction with others is through changing emotion with emotion.
This training aims at laying a solid foundation to build on different therapeutic tasks in emotion-focused therapy. This is an intensive practice-oriented and experience-based workshop. Participants will have regular hands on practice on both perceptual and procedural skills in working with emotions based on a comprehensive and in-depth understanding of emotions.
- Equipping a preliminary grounding of the development and fundamentals of emotion-focused therapy
- Enhancing the ability to cultivate effective therapeutic relationship and developing therapeutic working alliance
- Providing an understanding of different emotions arising in individual therapy setting
- Enhancing the interest, confidence and skills in working with emotions
- Developing the self-reflective ability in doing therapy
(Individual Therapy) <2 Days>
- Understanding emotions: anger, sadness, fear, shame and positive emotions
- Contemporary emotion theory
- Development and fundamentals of emotion-focused therapy
- Cultivating therapeutic presence
- Empathic attunement
- Differentiated interventions of empathic responses
- Developing therapeutic alliance
Mrs. Catherine Poon
(B.A., M.S.W., M.BuddhStud., & R.S.W.)
- Personal and Marriage Counselor
- Associate Fellow of the Hong Kong Professional Counselling Association
- Approved Supervisor of the Hong Kong Professional Counselling Association
- Certified EFT Trainer (Individual Therapy) recognized by the International Society for Emotion Focused Therapy (isEFT)
*Click here to the List of ISEFT Recognized Trainer
Date : 18/2 & 25/2/2019 (Mon.)
Time : 9:30am – 5:30pm (7 hours/day, total 14 hours)
- HKSPT Conference Room, 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Hung Hom, KLN, HK
(approx. 3 min walking distance from Whampoa MTR Station Exit D2)
Language : Cantonese supplemented with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Target : Social workers, counselors, psychologists, health-care professionals, teachers, police officer and judicial personnel, as well as allied health professionals
Course Mode : Lecture, group discussion, role play & case sharing
Course Fee :
- HK$3,100- (Enroll the course at least 1 month prior to the event)
- HK$100- off/person discount for group of 3 or above
- Nurse (CNE): 1 point/hour
- Social Worker (CPD): 1 point/hour
- Occupational Therapist (CPD): (to be confirmed)
Certificate : "Certificate in Emotion-Focused Therapy (Individual) - Understanding Emotions and Empathic Attunement" issued by HKSPT
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd“, A/C: 012-890-1-038-682-9, please send the completed enrollment form and bank-in slip to us by email (PDF) or by FAX: 852-2125 7900. We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you did not receive any confirmation.
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment : Click Here to contact us.
For enquiry : please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
Feedback from trainees:
- Catherine is very observant and details. Her advice is practical and her questions are stimulating for self-reflection.
- Catherine is very helpful and knowledgeable in EFT application. The discussion is very fruitful and useful.
- Catherine is sharp to identify our problems and able to suggest ways to improve our skills clearly.
- She is able to demonstrate her skills in EFT which is very significant to my learning.
- Catherine could give specific/concrete and useful feedback on EFT skills.The detailed observation and feedback on our video practice was very useful, which really impacted my own sensitivity towards clients.
- 導師的講解很清晰，令人容易明白。 社工 - Frances Wong
- PPT 很詳細，輔以case作解說，讓我更能吸收EFT如何在case上的應用。 社工
- 特別欣賞 Emotion Assessment 的部份, notes 有用。 社工