Certificate in Complex Trauma and Addiction Treatment
Using Integrative Neurobiological & Psychosocial Oriented Approcah for Treatment and Relapse Prevention
Multi Delivery Mode : Face to Face / Live Broadcast via Zoom
With the growing studies and clinical observations, there are now known connections between trauma and behavioral addictions. In this training, a neurosomatic-psychosocial approach will be adopted as a treatment framework to work on trauma & addictive behaviors.
After this workshop, participants will learn:
- 1.Overview of the major concepts of addictive behavior, and its causes and impacts.
- To enhance the understanding of the neurobiology of trauma and addiction, and to explore the interactive relationship between the underlying trauma symptoms and the addictive behavior.
- To Integrate neuro-somatic techniques that teach client how to regulate their nervous system, decrease anxiety, tolerate boredom and loneliness, and ground themselves both physically & emotionally.
- To integrate the neuro-somatic awareness techniques into the treatment process including Motivational Interviewing, Systemic, Narrative practice, and DBT, to enhance treatment effectiveness and lower the likelihood of relapse.
- Substance addiction and behavioral addiction concepts
- Common myths about addiction
- Causes of addiction and its impacts on individuals and families
- The link between trauma and addiction
- Intricate links between trauma and addiction from neurobiology perspective
- Why people cannot get out of the loop in trauma and addiction
- Why adopting Neuro-bio-psychosocial perspective for treating addictive behaviors and relapse prevention
- Brief concept on:
a)Neuro-Somatic oriented psychotherapy
b)Trauma-informed Motivational Interviewing
c)Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
d)Systemic perspective and Narrative Practice
- Building safety and connection with clients through grounded presence and attunement
- Teaching basic neuro-somatic techniques for traumatic emotional and affect regulation for treatment and prevention
- Basic techniques on creating corrective experiences and building emotional resilience for treatment and prevention
- Basic practice skills in building the sense of self through differentiation and Narrative practice
- Basic interviewing skills on the Trauma-informed Motivational Interviewing
- Basic techniques on DBT
- Conclusion: The application of integrative intervention approach for addictive treatment and relapse prevention
Dr. Tse Ka Wo, Nick (謝家和博士)
BSW, MSc. in International Addiction Studies, Ph.D.
- Assistant Professor (Addiction and Mental Health) at HKCT Institute of Higher Education
- Doctor of Philosophy, HKU
- Master of Science in In International Addiction Studies jointly awarded by King's College London (UK), University of Adelaide (Australia) and Virginia Commonwealth University (US)
- Bachelor of Social Work, The University of Hong Kong
- The first MINT certified Motivational Interviewing trainer
- Member of Motivational Interviewing Network of Trainers (MINT)
- Founding member and former chairperson of Chinese Association of Motivational Interviewing (CAMI)
- Certified Counselor & Associate Fellow (HKPCA)
- Certified Gambling Counsellor (CGC), Canada
- Prepare/Enrich Facilitator
- Registered Social Worker (RSW)
Dr Tse Ka Wo, Nick is an Assistant Professor specializing in Addiction and Mental Health at The HKCT Institute of Higher Education. Nick is also a registered social worker (SWRB), certified counsellor, and Associate Fellow (HKPCA) in Hong Kong. In addition, he has specialized training at the International Programme in Addiction Studies (IPAS), which is provided by the world's leading research universities in the field of Addiction Sciences: King's College London, the University of Adelaide, and Virginia Commonwealth University. Dr Tse is the first MINT certified Motivational Interviewing (MI) trainer and the rater for the MINT trainer certification scheme in Hong Kong. Recently, he has dedicated himself to investigating the novelty approach of Collective Motivational Interviewing (CMI) by incorporating the social nexus paradigm to address adolescents with addiction problems.
Dr. Paulina Kwok (郭志英博士)
DSW, PgD (Family-Centred), MASW
- Doctor of Social Work (DSW)
- Registered Social Worker (RSW)
- Certified Family Therapist & Clinical Supervisor (HKMFTA)
- Certified Counselor， Approved Counseling Supervisor & Fellow (HKPCA)
- Certified Sex Therspist (HKSERT)
- Certified Somatic Experiencing Practitioner (SE Trauma Institute, USA)
- Certified Integral Somatic Psychology Practitioner, (ISP)
- Certified Ego-State Therapist (a combined Ego-state & Hypno-somatic Approach to Trauma, MEISA)
- Certified Whole Body Focusing-Oriented Trainer & Therapist (TIFI)
- Certified Brainspotting Practitioner & Level One Facilitator ( Brainspotting Trainings LLC)
- Associate Certified Meta-Coach, (ISNS)、Professional Coach, (Associated member of International Coaching Federation, ICF)
- Certified Professional Coach (ACF)
- Motivational Interviewing (Member of MINT)
- Everything Disc (Wiley International) & MBTI (CPP Asia Pacific ) Practitioner
Date & Time : 11/8 & 12/8/2022 (Thur. & Fri.) 9:30am-5:30pm (total of 14 hours)
< Multi Delivery Mode : Face to Face / Live Broadcast via ZOOM >
Email request must be made and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org for participants who would like to register the ZOOM Training.
HKSPT Conference Room, 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Hung Hom, KLN, HK
(Approx. 3 min walking distance from Whampoa MTR Station Exit D2)
Target : Social workers, counselors, psychologists, health-care professionals, teachers, police officer and judicial personnel, as well as allied professionals
Course Fee :
- HK$2,800- (Enroll the course prior to the event)
- discount $100/each person (for each group of 3 or above)
Language : Cantonese supplemented with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Course Mode : Short Talk, Demonstration, Practice, Discussion & Sharing
Certificate : Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Nurse CNE : 14 points
- Social Worker CPD : 14 points
- Occupational Therapist CPD : To be confirmed
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in / Fast Payment Service (FPS) 轉數快 / PayMe : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd” 中銀香港A/C No: 012-890-1-038-682-9. or FPS (轉數快): 8835217 / PayMe : Please scan our PayMe QR Code and keep the payment record of PayMe screenshots. Please send the completed registration form and Bank in slip/ Capture Slip to Hong Kong Society of Professional Training either by email (PDF) to email@example.com or by fax: 852-21257900
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment : Click Here to contact us.
4. For enquiry : please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
- The course confirmation will be sent to participants via email at least 2 weeks before the course, please contact us if you do not receive any notification.
- All registration will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
- Once registration has submitted, it cannot be refunded and canceled for any reason.
- All requests for any change of registration must be given in a written form for approval. An administration fee of HK$200 will be charged for any processing request.
- Official receipt will be issued on the first day of the course. Re-issue of official receipt will be charged HK$50.
- If you have any enquiry, please feel free to contact us at www.hkspt.org or 3111 0264.