Certificate Training of
Working with People with Personality Disorders
by Dr. Chiu Siu Ning
MBChB (HK), MRCPsych (UK), FHKCPsych, FHKAM (Psych)
<香港護士管理局 (Nursing Council of HK) CNE 認可持續進修課程>
Personality disorder is a controversial concept. Those accept it would find it a comprehensive portrayal of some difficult persons encountered in our daily life. Those who do not accept it would find it labelling.
Personality disorder is now a formal psychiatric category in both ICD and DSM. The trainer wants to give participants a clear concept about the contemporary psychiatric view on personality disorder and how to deal with it by pharmacological and non-pharmacological means.
- To understand people with different personality disorders
- To learn the effective ways for interacting with people with personality disorders
- Current concept and classification of Personality Disorder according to the DSM 5
- How personality is being assessed
- Core features of different personality disorders and how to work with people with personality disorders
- Contemporary pharmacological and non-pharmacological management for personality disorders
Dr. Chiu Siu Ning (趙少寧醫生)
- Specialist in Psychiatry (精神科專科醫生)
- MBChB (CUHK)
- MRCPsych (UK)
- FHKAM (PSYCHIATRY)
After graduating from the medical school of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Dr. Chiu began his public psychiatric service. He obtained his psychiatric professional qualification in UK in 1994. Before start his private practicing in May 2007, he had been the Senior Medical Officer of Kwai Chung Hospital for more than 13 years.
Date : (To be Confirmed)
Time : 9:30am – 5:30pm (7 hours)
- FHKI 31/F, Billion Plaza, 8 Cheung Yue Street, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- 九龍 長沙灣 長裕街 8 號 億京廣場 第一期 31樓 FHKI 培訓室 (荔枝角港鐵站 D2 出口步行約 3 分鐘)
Language : Cantonese supplement with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Target : Social workers, counselors, psychologists, health-care professionals, teachers, police officer and judicial personnel, as well as allied health professionals
Course Mode : Lecture, group discussion & case sharing
Course Fee : HK$1,130-
Special Offer : HK$1,080- Enroll the course at least one month prior to the event
Group Discount : HK$50- discount each for group of 3 or more
- Nurse (CNE) : 7 points
- Social Worker (CPD) : 7 points
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : 3 points (Program Code : BP17021)
- CP(CE) : 6 CEUs
Certificate : "Certificate of Attendance" issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd“, A/C: 012-890-1-038-682-9, please send the completed enrollment form and bank-in slip to us by email (PDF) or by FAX: 852-2125 7900. We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you did not receive any confirmation.
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment : Click Here to contact us.
For enquiry : For enquiry, please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
- In different ways to understand and work with PD cases. Social worker - 鏡
- 趙醫生經驗豐富，分享個案經驗。 輔導員
- 將PD種類清楚介紹。 社工 - Chong