Certificate in Managing Clients with Borderline Personality Disorder
Mental Health Series for Caring Professionals
處 理 邊 緣 性 人 格 障 礙 證 書 課 程
Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) is a serious mental health problem with a complex make-up with different dynamics including pervasive instability in moods, interpersonal relationships, self-image and behaviors.
This workshop provides clinical wisdom to work with clients with BPD. Participants learn to diagnose BPD from a theoretical perspective, both DSM and theoretical concepts will be itemized. Furthermore, focus will be on tips to manage and intervene the volatile behaviors of the clients.
- Develop competency in diagnosis of BPD
- Appreciate the complexity and dynamics of BPD
- Develop strategies in formulation of intervention
- Cultivating clinical wisdom in working with BPD
- The overview of BPD
- The appreciation of the complexity and comorbid of BPD
- Assessment issues including risks
- Case conceptualization and formulation
- Various models in working including Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Schema Therapy
- The wisdoms and competency of a therapist
- Cultivating skills and techniques
- What is resistance?
Dr. Albert Chan PHD, PSYD
- Clinical & Counseling Psychologist
- AAMFT Clinical Fellow and Approved Supervisor (USA)
- Visiting Professor, Beijing Normal University, Beijing, Zhuhai
- Reg. Social Worker
A dynamic and experienced Clinical and Counseling Psychologist with a wide range of personal and corporate management coaching and training experiences from a variety of organizations includes government, non-profit organizations and private corporations.
Albert offers inspiring insights and stimulating experiential facilitation as well as psychological services that cultivate participants’ strengths and motivation to develop innovations and practical solutions. Participants include coaching CEOs and leaders of Manulife, Medical officers and HK police Superintendents etc.
Date : 12/10, 19/10/2017 (Thur.)
Time : 9:30am – 5:30pm (14 hours in total)
Venue : FHKI 31/F, Billion Plaza, 8 Cheung Yue Street, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong
Language : Cantonese supplement with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Target : Social workers, counselors, psychologists, health-care professionals, teachers, police officer and judicial personnel, as well as allied health professionals.
Course Mode : Lecture, group discussion & case sharing
Course Fee : HK$2,260-
Special Offer : HK$2,160- (Enroll the course at least one month prior to the event)
Group Discount : HK$100- /each discount for group of 3 or more
- Nurse (CNE) : 14 points
- Social Worker (CPD) : 14 points
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : 6 points (Program Code : BP17032)
- Clinical psychologist (CNE) : To be approved
- Educational Psychologist (CEUs) : 12 points
Certificate : Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd“, A/C: 012-890-1-038-682-9, please send the completed enrollment form and bank-in slip to us by email (PDF) or by FAX: 852-2125 7900. We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you did not receive any confirmation.
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment : Click Here to contact us.
For enquiry : For enquiry, please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.