Managing Deliberate Self-harm
for Caring Professionals
by Dr. Chiu Siu Ning
MBChB (HK), MRCPsych (UK), FHKCPsych, FHKAM (Psych)
<香港護士管理局 (Nursing Council of HK) CNE 認可持續進修課程>
Deliberate Self-harm (DSH) is a commonly encountered problem. While some people regard it as a maladaptive behaviour that can be reverted with behavioural treatment, others see it as a significant psychiatric symptom or even a prodromal of suicide.
DSH is more common in some culture groups, in some age groups and in certain personality traits. It is the aim of the trainer to convey, through the one-day training, the appropriate skills in assessing and managing cases presenting the problem of DSH. Trainer also would like to use a portion of time in the training day to specifically address the problem of DSH and suicide in youths in Hong Kong.
1.To learn the skills to assess and manage DSH individuals
2.To understand the psychiatric problems in youths in Hong Kong presenting with suicide or DSH
1.To understand the basic concept of DSH, to identify the risk group and to unfold the underlying associated psychiatric problems
2.To learn the skills in assessment individuals presenting with problem of DSH
3.To learn the skills in managing DSH at the individual level and community level
4.To understand the current suicide and DSH scene in youths of Hong Kong and ways to handling the problems
Dr. Chiu Siu Ning (趙少寧醫生)
- Specialist in Psychiatry (精神科專科醫生)
- MBChB (CUHK)
- MRCPsych (UK)
- FHKAM (PSYCHIATRY)
After graduating from the medical school of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Dr. Chiu began his public psychiatric service. He obtained his psychiatric professional qualification in UK in 1994. Before start his private practicing in May 2007, he had been the Senior Medical Officer of Kwai Chung Hospital for more than 13 years.
Date : 7/12/2017 (Thurs.) <學額已滿，多謝支持>
Time : 9:30am – 5:30pm (7 hours)
- FHKI 31/F, Billion Plaza, 8 Cheung Yue Street, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- 九龍 長沙灣 長裕街 8 號 億京廣場 第一期 31樓 FHKI 培訓室 (荔枝角港鐵站 D2 出口步行約 3 分鐘)
Language : Cantonese supplement with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Target : Social workers, counselors, psychologists, health-care professionals, teachers, police officer and judicial personnel, as well as allied health professionals
Course Mode : Lecture, group discussion & case sharing
Course Fee : HK$1,130-
Special Offer : HK$1,080- Enroll the course at least one month prior to the event
Group Discount : HK$50- discount each for group of 3 or more
- Nurse (CNE) : 7 points
- Social Worker (CPD) : 7 points
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : To be confirmed
- Education Psychologyist (CEUs) : 6 points
- Clinical Psychologist (CNE) : 6 points
Certificate : "Certificate of Attendance" issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd“, A/C: 012-890-1-038-682-9, please send the completed enrollment form and bank-in slip to us by email (PDF) or by FAX: 852-2125 7900. We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you did not receive any confirmation.
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment/Paypel : Please click on online registration
For enquiry : For enquiry, please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
Student Feedback :
- Good preparation of speaker & organising party. Thanks! Social worker - WY
- 講解清晰並輔以合適的個案解讀，讓我更能明白當中的意思。 社工
- 趙醫生的專業及個人經驗，使講解更貼切及實際。 社工
- 欣賞 Pyschology model，講師講解亦清晰。Good！ 心理輔導員
- Detail elaboration with cases illustrate. Nurse
- Quoted survey and research in Hong Kong and other countries, and motives of DSH. Administrator
- 資料豐富，講述過程中帶出正面訊息、對生命尊重。 社工