Understanding Sex Therapy
for Caring Professionals
( Class 2 )
Sex is the least understood and explored human phenomena among Chinese. We make-love but we never talk or even try to understand sex, lack alone sexuality. This program aims to provide an opportunity for helping professionals to explore and understand the meanings and acts of sex, and sexuality and how that impact on our marriage and intimate relations. Furthermore, sexual disorders which have destroyed many intimate relations will be discuss and preliminary assessment and basic treatment will be explored.
• Develop competency in recognizing the importance of sex and sexuality among couple issues
• Cultivate proper language and attitude in working with sexual matters
• Understand and recognize sexual disorders
• Develop basic therapeutic skills in assessing and working with sexual disorders
• Sex, sexuality and intimate relations
• Self-awareness and sexual blueprint
• Healthy sexuality and marriage
• Sexual disorders
• Basic assessment and treatment issues
• Case formulation
Dr. Albert Chan (PHD, PSYD)
• Reg. Social Worker
• Clinical & Counseling Psychologist, Div. 32, APA (USA)
• AAMFT Clinical Fellow and Approved Supervisor (USA)
• Professor, Gratia Christian College; Visiting Professor, Beijing Normal University, Zhuhai; MUST, Macau and Mongolia
• Sexual Counselor, Sexual Medicine Clinic at Henderson Hospital
Date & Time : 6/9 & 7/9/2019 (Fri. & Sat.) 9:30am – 5:30pm (Total 14 hours)
- Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- HKSPT Conference Room, 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Hung Hom, KLN, HK (Approx. 3 min walking distance from Whampoa MTR Station Exit D2 )
- 地圖位置 MAP
- HKSPT - 會議室坐位的大致安排
Target : Helping Professionals, teachers, medical staffs and anyone interested in sex therapy
Course Fee :
- HK$2,500- (Enroll the course 1 month or more prior to the event)
- discount $100/each person (for each group of 3 or above)
Language : Cantonese supplemented with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Course Mode : Lecture, group discussion, role play & case sharing
Certificate : Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Nurse CNE : 14 points
- Social Worker CPD : 14 points
- OT CPD : ( To be confirmed )
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in : For Hong Kong students, please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd”, A/C: 012-890-1-038-682-9, please send the completed enrollment form and bank-in slip to us by email (PDF) or by FAX: 852-2125 7900. We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you did not receive any confirmation.
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment : Please select Paypal as payment gateway through online registration.
For enquiry : For enquiry, please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
- The course confirmation will be sent to participants via email at least 2 weeks before the course, please contact us if you do not receive any notification.
- Once a registration has submitted, it cannot be refunded for any reasons. All requests for any change of registration must be given in writing. An administration fee of HK$200- will be charged for any processing request.
- Official receipt will be issued on the first day of the course. Re-issue of official receipt will be charged HK$50-
- The personal data provided on this form will only be used for processing of registration.