<Understanding The New DSM 5>
“Classification of Mental Disorders (DSM 5) & Mental State Examination”
For Caring Professionals (Class 4)
精神病分類 (DSM 5) 及精神狀況評估證書課程 (第四屆)
Dr. Chiu Siu Ning (趙少寧醫生)
MBChB (HK), MRCPsych (UK), FHKCPsych, FHKAM (Psych)
<Nursing Council of HK (香港護士管理局) CNE Approved Program>
This intensive training program is especially designed to equip social workers, counselors, mental health professionals, health care personnel with comprehensive, essential and effective skills in working with people struggling with mental health challenges in the community.
Participants will start from learning the use of Diagnostic Statistic Manual (DSM 5) & International Statistical Classification of Diseases (ICD-10), to the methodology and procedures in making accurate possible diagnosis of client’s condition, formulation of effective case management for working with various mental disorders.
The program also offers a systematic approach that aims to enhance participants’ clinical wisdom in conducting mental state examination, clinical interviews, case formulation and prioritizing intervention options as well as providing quality care in the community settings.
- To understand the classification of mental disorders, the signs and symptoms of different mental disorders and be able to make possible diagnosis.
- To equip participants with the skills in conducting mental state examination, clinical interview as an essential component in integrative clinical management
- Understanding the New DSM 5
- Brief description of the relationship between DSM-5 and ICD-10
- Basic concept of mental disorders and its classification
- Methodology & procedures in conducting a systematic mental state examination (MSE) and clinical interview
- How to collect clinical data needed for proper diagnosing of client’s mental condition, symptom severity and level of psycho-social functioning
- How proper assessment interview is essential to the development of appropriate care plan and selection of treatment strategies
Dr. Chiu Siu Ning (趙少寧醫生)
- Specialist in Psychiatry (精神科專科醫生)
- MBChB (CUHK)
- MRCPsych (UK)
- FHKAM (PSYCHIATRY)
After graduating from the medical school of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Dr. Chiu began his public psychiatric service. He obtained his psychiatric professional qualification in UK in 1994.
Before start his private practicing in May 2007, he had been the Senior Medical Officer of Kwai Chung Hospital for more than 14 years.
Date : (To be Confirmed)
Time : 9:30am – 5:30pm (7 hours)
- Christian Family Service Centre, Kwun Tong
- Room 201, 3 Tsui Ping Road, Kwun Tong. (approx. 3 min walking distance from Kwun Tong MTR Station D1 Exit)
- Location MAP
Language : Cantonese supplement with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Target : Social workers, counselors, psychologists, health-care professionals, teachers, police officer and judicial personnel, as well as allied health professionals.
Course Mode : Lecture, group discussion, role play & case sharing
Course Fee : HK$1130-
Special Offer : HK$1080- (Enroll the course 1 month prior to the event)
Group Discount : HK$50-/each discount (for group of 3 or above)
- Nurse (CNE) : 7 points
- Social Worker (CPD) : 7 points
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : 3 points (Program Code : BP16192)
Certificate : Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd“, A/C: 012-890-1-038-682-9, please send the completed enrollment form and bank-in slip to us by email (PDF) or by FAX: 852-2125 7900. We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you did not receive any confirmation.
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment : Click Here to contact us.
For enquiry : For enquiry, please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
Trainees’ Feedback on Dr Chiu's Training
- This is the best and state-of-art presentation. Thanks Dr Chiu for the comprehensive, in depth knowledge presentation with engaging and interesting story. Dr Paul Chan, Medical Consultant
- 讓我更認識抑鬱症及其診斷方法，提高對企圖自殺者的敏銳觀察度，在工作剛位上更能提升自己有關方面的認識，及早介入。 Louise, Social Worker
- 趙醫生的課程，特點是深入淺出，例子生動，鼓勵學員提問，令學員能夠活學活用; 我最大的得著是真正充份理解怎樣具體和客觀的評估一個人的精神狀態，以何準則為基礎與及從何處入手；趙醫生以一個下午的時間，簡明地演譯了最新 DSM-5 版本的變動，不單止令我得到清晰的框架去透視精神學科的診斷架構，也豐富了我知識上的藍圖；娓娓道來的經驗之談，更加深我對精神學科的正確知識，相信對於我的價值，已經不止是單純工作上的了！ Cindia, Medical Escort Doctor
- 專業醫生，細心講解，有系統，深入淺出，冇得頂。Dr Chiu 能將 DSM 的重點指出，令學生更能掌握知識。 Social Worker
- 能夠很清楚分別DSM IV & DSM-5 有那些地方修正，也有足夠休息及提問時間。
- Very clear, organized and well structured.
- Dr. Chiu 的分享十分實用，尤其是Mental State Exam 的framework。
- 述說有關精神病之病狀，case sharing, 理解患者精神狀況，講員把最新狀況更新學員 。
- 講者講解清晰，內容充實，介紹 DSM5 時能化繁為簡，令人掌握從 DSM-IV 的改變。
- Dr. Chiu's framework of MSE, which is unique and practical, outstanding presentation, clear and precise.
- Clear rationales for the changes from DSM-IV to DSM-5。
- 欣賞老師能深入淺出演譯classification Mental State Examination，令學生容易掌握及應用在工作上。
- 欣賞講者能精簡地表達了複雜的程序和概念，講解詳細，附有case 分享。
- 欣賞導師對各種病症的分析、解讀。 社工 - Ice Pang
- 對各種病症結合例子的解釋，讓我更容易理解。英文譯中文細心翻譯，便於國內同工理解。 社工 - 梁
- 講員的表達技巧十分好，有清晰及有邏輯性的解說，加上專業上的知識與見聞，是少有超卓的專業講座。 心理學家 - Pauline
- Dr. Chiu is very knowledgable and enthusiastic. He gives concrete examples and cases to illustrate difficult ideas. Both practial and academic and systematic with clear illustration and very interesting examples in introducing a disease. Nurse