Certificate in Psychotropic Medications & Substance Abuse
for Caring Professionals
“Does the drug work?”
“Do I have to take it for the rest of my life?”
“Will I become a drug addict?”
“Is the new generation of medications better?.”
“What about the side effects of the drug?”
MBChB (HK), MRCPsych (UK), FHKCPsych, FHKAM (Psych)
<香港護士管理局 (Nursing Council of HK) CNE 認可持續進修課程>
In the rehabilitation context, psychotropic medication continues to be a central element in the care and treatment of people experiencing different kinds of mental health problems. It is the aim of this training to provide knowledge caregivers need to acquire in their daily work related to mental health issues.
Working with clients who suffer from Substance Abuse can be very challenging. This training workshop will focus on the skills in delineating drug misuse patterns, knowing the different common illicit drugs and ways in handling the dependent clients. Specific drug tests and principle of management of substance abusers will be covered.
- To have a clear understanding on the rationale and principles of psychotropic medication treatment;
- To know the ways for detecting side effects of psychotropic medications and to enhance drug compliance;
- To equip participants with updated knowledge about the nature and management of substance abuse as well as drug-induced mental health problems.
- Overview of Physical Treatments in Psychiatric Care
- Classification of Psychotropic Medications
- Common Psychotropic Medications, Trend of Use and New Development
- General Principles in Applying Drug Treatment and Choosing of Medication
- Medication Side Effects and Management
- How to enhance Clients’ Self-management in Drug Treatment
- Understanding the basic features of Substance Dependence
- Understanding the relationship between Abused Substances and their psychiatric manifestations
- Screening methods and Contemporary Management for dependent states
Specialist in Psychiatry (精神科專科醫生)
- MBChB (CUHK)
- MRCPsych (UK)
- FHKAM (PSYCHIATRY)
After graduating from the medical school of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Dr. Chiu began his public psychiatric service. He obtained his psychiatric professional qualification in UK in 1994. Before start his private practicing in May 2007, he had been the Senior Medical Officer of Kwai Chung Hospital for more than 14 years.
Date : (To be confirmed)
Time : 9:30am – 5:30pm (7 hours)
Venue : (To be confirmed)
Language : Cantonese supplemented with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Target : Social workers, counselors, psychologists, health-care professionals, teachers, police officer and judicial personnel, as well as allied professionals
Course Mode : Lecture, group discussion & case sharing
Course Fee : HK$1,180-
Special Offer : HK$1,130- (Enroll the course at least one month prior to the event)
Group Discount : less HK$50-/each (discounts for group of 3 or more)
- Nurse (CNE) : 7 points
- Social Worker (CPD) : 7 points
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : (To be confirmed)
Certificate : Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Fast Payment Service (轉數快) / Bank-in : Please settle the payment via Fast Payment Service with FPS code 8835217 or bank in to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd” 中銀香港 A/C No: 012-890-1-038-682-9. We will confirm through email within 1 week from the day of registration made, please contact us if no further information received.
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment : Click Here to contact us.
For enquiry : For enquiry, please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.