Soft Restraint Certificate Course
Soft Restraint Equipment
Made of “tough cloth” the Soft Restraint equipment, which includes, cuffs, belts and a safe holding system® and accessories, was designed and developed to offer staff superior control of a person where there is a need to safely control and transport a person and to prevent those who attempt to self harm. It provides a softer, more humane alternative to the other intrusive methods of control and restraint. It is a lightweight, uniquely simple device that is ergonomically designed to provide comfort for the person; but still provides optimum strength to the equipment.
Soft Restraints® have been tested in accordance with EN ISO 10535 and reviewed by the Home office’s preferred leading medical expert. They are designed to reduce injuries and subsequent litigation and often provide the least intrusive option available. Clients who have benefited from the kit across the world include healthcare, forensic settings, child and adolescent services, special education, prisons, policing and patient transport.
Soft Restraint Equipment and Training
The Soft Restraint Kit is not issued or sold without certified training.
This has been a key issue with the nationally and internationally established credibility with the device.
The training programme is tailored to ensure it is “profession specific” and based on the needs and requirements of your staff and service users.
We offer both in-house and open End-User courses.
The aim of this course is to instruct participants in the underpinning legal knowledge and the working principles of how to use Soft Restraint equipment safely.
- Identify the Component Parts of the Soft Restraint.
- Identify the Risks Associated with the use of the Soft Restraint.
- Understand the Health & Safety implications with regards to the use of the Soft Restraint
- Understand the Law in relation to the Soft Restraint as a Use of Force option.
- Apply and Remove the Soft Restraint in a Safe and Effective Manner.
The Soft Restraint Cuff® offers staff an ethical alternative to maintaining control of service users with restrictive mechanical restraints or where prolonged holding is a regular occurrence. Wherever there is a need to support, hold or transport a service user, Soft-cuffs® provide a softer, more humane alternative to metal handcuffs and a less invasive alternative to prolonged manual holding especially during procedures and treatments or where a person is frail or has adverse skin, tissue or bone conditions. Soft-cuffs® can be used in conjunction with the Soft restraint belt and are used widely internationally and here at home with multiple case studies with care plans ready to be adapted.
Soft Restraint Belt®
The Soft Restraint Belt® gives the effect of ‘putting handles’ on the body. These modular elements of the Soft restraint kit are versatile and can be applied to the upper or lower torso of a challenging, injured, or passive subject allowing them to be held, moved, supported and even carried with ease. Compliant with Health & Safety Regulations and international guidance on reducing restrictive practices, the SRB ensures staff have the potential to handle, lift, support and move challenging or injured individuals in the course of their employment, including administering personal care.
The Safe Holding System®
The Safe Holding System® is a Soft Restraint Belt with Soft-cuffs ﬁxed in place. This product was designed and developed based on customer feedback across our wealth of UK NHS services and is a viable option for negating the requirement for prolonged manual restraint. It offers staff superior control where there is a need to safely hold, turn or transport a person. It’s uses include assistance in the prevention of self-injurious behavior, transitioning from mechanical restraints to holds and re-integrating people from seclusion. Lightweight, uniquely simple and ergonomically designed, it provides comfort for the person; but still provides optimum strength to the belt.
Mr. Lawrence Chu & his Professional Training Team
- National Coach Tutor & Greater China Representative (NFPS)
- Certified Trainer, The Mandt System ® (US) 2011-2015
- Master of Social Science in Counseling (Uni. SA)
- Licensed NLP* Trainer (SNLPTM)
- Licensed Medical NLP* Health Practitioner, UK
- Certified Hypnotherapist (NGH, ACHE 2007-2014)
- Certified Hypnotherapist Instructor (NHG)
- Registered Nurse (Psychiatric)
- Associate Certified Meta-Coach® (ISNS)
- Registered Corporate Coach (WABC)
- Licensed Facilitator, The Coaching Clinic ® (CCUI)
- Accredited Family Mediator (HKMAAL) 2013-2014
Date : To be confirmed
If you are looking to become qualified as a trainer we run Train the Trainer courses throughout the year or a tailor-made course for your organization.
If you don't see the course you want listed please contact us.
Time : 9:30 am ~ 1:00 pm & 2:00pm ~ 5:30pm (Total 7 Hours)
- Christian Family Service Centre, Kwun Tong
- Room 201, 3 Tsui Ping Road, Kwun Tong. (approx. 3 min walking distance from Kwun Tong MTR Station D1 Exit)
- Location MAP
Language : Cantonese supplement with English (All training manual and assessment test are in English)
Target Participants : Social workers, nurse, and allied health professionals are welcome
Course Mode : Lecture, discussion, practical exercise, pressure test & assessment
Course Fee : HK$1,800-
Early Bird: HK$1,700-
Group Discount: less HK$100- discount/ each
(All fee including NFPS Licensed Certificate, Training Manual, Assessment and UK Valued Added Tax)
- Nurse CNE : 7 CNE
- Social Work CPD : 7 CPD
- Occupational Therapist : (To be confirmed)
Two certificates will be issued to participants who have attended 100% of the sessions and have completed all performance assessment in according with the standards of NFPS.
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in / Fast Payment Service (FPS - 轉數快) : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd“, A/C: 012-890-1-038-682-9, or FPS (轉數快) : 8835217. Please send the completed enrollment form and bank-in slip / Capture Slip to us by email (PDF) to email@example.com or by FAX: 852-2125 7900.
- We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you did not receive any confirmation.
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment : Click Here to contact us.
For enquiry : For enquiry, please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
Our Global Partners: