“Understanding Childhood Disorders, DSM 5”
Autistic Spectrum Disorder
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
By Dr. Chiu Siu Ning
MBChB (HK), MRCPsych (UK), FHKCPsych, FHKAM (Psych)
< Full >
Mental problems occur in all ages. They can be recognized as early as three years old.
Among them, Autistic Spectrum Disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder are the commonest. Teachers and school social workers may misunderstand such problems as deviant behaviour of a naughty student, whereas parents may think they are having a difficult child.
To equip helping professionals who work with the young population in the community, this course will offer basic knowledge and skills to the participants for the assessment and treatment of two types childhood disorders, Autistic Spectrum Disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. Special efforts will also be given to the integration of concepts and practice through lecture, exercises, sharing and case discussions.
- To acquire the up-to-date knowledge of common childhood Disorders in the New DSM-5
- To enhance participant’s assessment and intervention skills in working with children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder and Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.
- Overview the New DSM-5: Childhood Disorders
- Basic Concepts of Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) & Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Prevalence, symptoms, clinical course, aetiology and treatment approach
- Screening methods for these conditions and their management
- Specialist in Psychiatry (精神科專科醫生)
- MBChB (CUHK)
- MRCPsych (UK)
- FHKAM (PSYCHIATRY)
After graduating from the medical school of the Chinese University of Hong Kong, Dr. Chiu began his public psychiatric service. He obtained his psychiatric professional qualification in UK in 1994. Before start his private practicing in May 2007, he had been the Senior Medical Officer of Kwai Chung Hospital for more than 13 years.
Date : 22/9/2015 (TUE) FULL
Time : 9:30am – 5:30pm (7 hours)
- Christian Family Service Centre, Kwun Tong
- Room 201, 3 Tsui Ping Road, Kwun Tong. (approx. 3 min walking distance from Kwun Tong MTR Station D1 Exit)
- Location MAP
Language : Cantonese supplement with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Target : Social workers, counselors, psychologists, health-care professionals, teachers, police officer and judicial personnel, as well as allied professionals.
Course Mode : Lecture, group discussion & case sharing
Course Fee : HK$1,030-
Special Offer : HK$980- for registration made on or before 22/8/2015
Group Discount : HK$930-/each for group of 3 or more
- Nurse (CNE) : 7 points
- Social Worker (CPD) : 7 points
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : 3 points (Program Code: BP15019)
Certificate : Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd“, A/C: 012-890-1-038-682-9, please send the completed enrollment form and bank-in slip to us by email (PDF) or by FAX: 852-2125 7900. We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you did not receive any confirmation.
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment : Click Here to contact us.
For enquiry : For enquiry, please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
Trainees’ Feedback on Dr Chiu's Training
- Detailed information with cases as examples, easy to understand the concept. Social Worker - Rachel Fu
- Very clear explanation on concept. Many practical examples of patients from Dr. Chiu's sharing. Dr. Chiu's professional knowledge & expertise, excellent presentation & concrete examples on the topis. Social worker
- This is the best and state-of-art presentation. Thanks Dr Chiu for the comprehensive, in depth knowledge presentation with engaging and interesting story. Dr Paul Chan, Medical Consultant
- 讓我更認識抑鬱症及其診斷方法，提高對企圖自殺者的敏銳觀察度，在工作剛位上更能提升自己有關方面的認識，及早介入。 Louise, Social Worker
- 專業醫生，細心講解，有系統，深入淺出，冇得頂。Dr Chiu 能將 DSM 的重點指出，令學生更能掌握知識。 Social Worker
- 講解清楚、把大量和複雜資料精簡到題地教授，並舉出很多實例，生動有趣 Anita Li
- 欣賞講者清楚講解 ADHD & ASD 徵狀及藥物對小朋友影響，有助向家長解釋及舒緩家長對藥物使用的擔心
- 令我對ADHD & ASD 有更好的認知及認清更多的迷思