Certificate in Effective Crisis Intervention and Working with Suicide Crises
For caring professionals
<香港護士管理局 (Nursing Council of HK) CNE 認可持續進修課程>
Crisis situations are intense, draining and demanding for both clients and care providers. The risk of human lives, physical injuries and property damages can be minimized by timely and effective interventions. Many practitioners found working with suicidal clients as one of the most challenging tasks in their career. This workshop is designed as an essential compliment to social workers, mental health professionals and health care providers on crisis and suicide intervention. This workshop contains lively learning approaches including presentations, case discussions and interactive activities to enhance participants’ knowledge and skills.
To equip workshop participants with:
- Confidence and techniques in dealing with crisis situations;
- Core knowledge and intervention approaches for suicidal clients
- Current information on crisis intervention and suicide studies
- Community resources on crisis and suicide prevention
- Overview of crisis, intervention and de-escalation
- Crisis intervention models
- De-escalation techniques
- Suicide risk assessment
- Dealing with chronically suicidal clients
Mr. Michael Wong 黃鎮漢
Training Consultant 培訓顧問
- BSc (Hons.) Psychology
- Master of Public Health
Mr Michael Wong has over 20 years of experience working in crisis teams, hospitals and mental health organizations in Canada, Hong Kong and Macau. He specialized in mental health, crisis intervention in institutional and community settings and suicide crises.
He has extensive experience in emergency departments, emergency psychiatry units and community mental health programs providing on-site crisis interventions. From 1995, Michael began training professionals in crisis intervention and home visit safety with the Canadian Training Institute. He worked with Samaritan Befrienders Hong Kong on the pilot project of the suicide crisis intervention centre in Hong Kong.
Date : (To be Confirmed)
Time : 9:30am – 5:30pm (7 hours)
- Christian Family Service Centre, Kwun Tong
- Room 201, 3 Tsui Ping Road, Kwun Tong. (approx. 3 min walking distance from Kwun Tong MTR Station D1 Exit)
- Location MAP
Language : Cantonese supplement with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Target : Social workers, counselors, psychologists, health-care professionals, teachers, police officer and judicial personnel, as well as allied professionals.
Course Mode : Lecture, group discussion, role play & case sharing
Course Fee : HK$1030-
Special Offer : HK$980- for registration made on one month or more prior to the event
Group Discount : HK$930-/each for group of 3 or more
- Nurse (CNE) : 7 points
- Social Worker (CPD) : 7 points
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : 3 points (Program Code: BP15026)
Certificate : Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd“, A/C: 012-890-1-038-682-9, please send the completed enrollment form and bank-in slip to us by email (PDF) or by FAX: 852-2125 7900. We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you did not receive any confirmation.
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment : Click Here to contact us.
For enquiry : For enquiry, please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.