C2016 Foundation Certificate of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Caring Professionals
Foundation Certificate of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Caring Professionals
Cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is a form of psychological treatment that has been demonstrated to be effective for a range of problems including depression, anxiety disorders, alcohol and drug use problems, marital problems, eating disorders and severe mental illness. Numerous research studies suggest that CBT leads to significant improvement in functioning and quality of life. In many studies, CBT has been demonstrated to be as effective as, or more effective than, other forms of psychological therapy or psychiatric medications.
In this 2 days training participants will learn to work with the fundamental concepts of CBT and explore the more complex models of Schema and DBT.
- To learn and understand the fundamental concepts and constructs of CBT
- To explore various forms of CBT interventions
- Learn to use CBT concepts to formulize intervention strategies
- Familiarize with common CBT techniques to work with affective disorders
- To recognize how CBT evolves into more sophisticated integrative models with complex cases
- Major models of CBT
- The ABC vs. ABCDEF concept: how cognition relating to behaviour and emotion
- The patterns of rational and irrational thoughts
- Problem solving
- The Stoic philosophy and Socratic method
- Facing your own fear: systematic dysentization vs. exposure model
- From relaxation to mindfulness
- Schema and Schema therapy
- Dialectic Behavior Therapy
- How cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) language differ from emotional focused therapy (EFT) language?
- How CBT use in family systemic approach?
Dr. Albert Chan (PHD, PSYD)
Dr. Albert Chan is a dynamic and experienced Clinical and Counseling Psychologist with a wide range of personal and corporate management coaching and training experiences from a variety of organizations includes government, non-profit organizations and private corporations.
Dr. Albert Chan offers inspiring insights and stimulating experiential facilitation and psychological services that cultivate participants’ strengths and motivation to develop innovations and practical solutions; coaching CEOs and leaders includes Byer international Corp, Manulife, Prudential, and Price Waterhouse Cooper, HK senior medical officers, HK police superintendents, and Accountants.
Date & Time : 12/3 & 19/3/2020 (Thur.) 9:30am – 5:30pm (Total of 14 hours)
- Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- HKSPT Conference Room, 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Hung Hom, KLN, HK (Approx. 3 min walking distance from Whampoa MTR Station Exit D2 )
- 地圖位置 MAP
- HKSPT – 會議室坐位的大致安排
Target : Helping Professionals, teachers, medical staff and anyone interested in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Course Fee :
- HK$2,500- (Enroll the course 1 month or more prior to the event)
- discount $100/each person (for each group of 3 or above)
Language : Cantonese supplemented with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Course Mode : Lecture, group discussion, role play & case sharing
Certificate : Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Nurse CNE : 14 points
- Social Worker CPD : 14 points
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : 申請批核中
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in / Fast Payment Service (FPS – 轉數快) : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd“, A/C: 012-890-1-038-682-9, or FPS (轉數快) : 8835217. Please send the completed enrollment form and bank-in slip / Capture Slip to us by email (PDF) to email@example.com or by FAX: 852-2125 7900.
- We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you did not receive any confirmation.
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment :Click Here to contact us.
For enquiry : please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
#1. The course confirmation will be sent to participants via email at least 2 weeks before the course, please contact us if you do not receive any notification.
2. All registration will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
3. Once a registration has submitted, it cannot be refunded and cancelled for any reasons.
4. All requests for any change of registration must be given in a written from for approval. An administration fee of HK$200 will be charged for any processing request.
5. Official receipt will be issued on the first day of the course. Re issue of official receipt will be charged HK$50.
6. If you have any enquiry, please feel free to contact us on www.hkspt.org or 3111 0264.