C2027 Understanding Elderly Mental Health, DSM5 (Class 4)
Certificate in Understanding Elderly Mental Health, DSM 5 (Class 4)
Neurocognitive Disorders, Elderly Depression & Parkinson’s Disease
<Nursing Council of HK (香港護士管理局) CNE Approved Program>
Mental problems occur in all ages. Having good mental health throughout life does not ensure immunity from neurocognitive disorders, severe depression and other mental disorders in the senior years of life. In fact, some studies show elderly people are at a greater risk of suffering mental disorders compared with younger people. However, many of these illnesses can be accurately diagnosed and treated.
To equip helping professionals who work with the elderly in the community, this course will offer latest knowledge of common Elderly Disorders in New DSM-5, the skills for handling assessments and treatment of several types of elderly disorders with their epidemiology, assessment, pharmacological and psychosocial intervention. Special efforts will also be given to the integration of concept and practice through lecture, exercise, sharing and case discussions.
To equip participants with latest knowledge of common Elderly Disorders in New DSM-5 and management of the three important elderly mental issues: Neurocognitive Disorders, Elderly Depression & Parkinson’s Disease.
- Overview the Common Elderly Mental Disorders in New DSM-5
- Updated Concepts of Neurocognitive Disorders, Elderly Depression & Parkinson’s Disease
- Epidemiology, risk factors, clinical features, diagnosis, causes, assessment and staging on these elderly mental disorders
- Screening methods and contemporary pharmacological and non-pharmacological management of these conditions
|Dr. Wong Lo Lo, Louise (黃璐璐醫生) (Specialist in Psychiatry)
Dr. Wong completed her medical training at The University of Hong Kong in 2006. She joined the public psychiatric service since then. She obtained her psychiatric professional qualification in Hong Kong in 2013. Dr. Wong has broad clinical experience in various fields of psychiatry, including general adult psychiatry, old-aged psychiatry, consultation-liaison psychiatry, and child and adolescent mental health services.
Before starting her private practicing since April 2018, Dr. Wong had been the Associate Consultant of Kwai Chung Hospital and United Christian Hospital. Currently, she is the Specialist in psychiatry of the Hong Kong Mind Wellness Centre and the Quality HealthCare. She has been the Honorary Clinical Supervisor of the Hong Kong College of Family Physician and the Honorary Lecturer of the Department of Social Work and Social Administration, the University of Hong Kong.
Date : 21/4/2020 (Tue.)
Time : 9:30am – 5:30pm (7 hours)
FHKI, 31/F, Billion Plaza, 8 Cheung Yue Street, Cheung Sha Wan, Kowloon
(approx. 3 mins walking distance from Lai Chi Kok MTR Station D2 Exit)
Language : Cantonese supplemented with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Target : Social workers, Counselors, Psychologists, Health-care professionals, Teachers, Police Officer and Judicial Personnel, as well as Allied Health Professionals.
Course Mode : Lecture, group discussion, role play & case sharing
Course Fee : HK$1,300-
Special Offer : HK$1,250- Enroll the course at least one month prior to the event
Group Discount : HK$50- off/person discount for group of 3 or above
- Nurse (CNE) : 7 points
- Social Worker (CPD) : 7 points
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : To be confirmed
Certificate : Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in / Fast Payment Service (FPS) 轉數快 / PayMe: Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd” 中銀香港A/C No: 012-890-1-038-682-9. or FPS (轉數快): 8835217 / PayMe: Please scan our PayMe QR Code and keep the payment record of PayMe screenshots. Please send the completed registration form and Bank in slip/ Capture Slip to Hong Kong Society of Professional Training either by email (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax: 852-21257900
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas/Paypal payment : Please click on Online Registration below.
For enquiry : please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.