C2066 Professional Certificate in Executive Leadership & Management for NGOs (4-day)
Professional Certificate in Executive Leadership & Management for NGOs (4-day)
High Impact Program Empower Your Services Growth
The Executive Leadership and Management Professional Certificate program is designed to help executives across the organization reach new levels of success. For NGOs looking to achieve and increase competitive advantage, this flexibly-paced executive leadership certificate program is an effective way to strengthen your present leaders and prepare for future successors. The program is for high-potential mid to senior-level managers working in Social Services setting who want to gain exclusive insights and learn cutting-edge concepts to advance in their careers.
- To equip supervisors / staff with managerial responsibilities with the necessary knowledge, skills and desired behaviors, essential for management and leadership in an NGO social welfare setting.
- To refresh supervisors with the necessary skills and knowledge to enhance their management effectiveness in the social welfare field.
Course fee will include an internationally recognized personality assessment called Personality & Preference Inventory (PAPITM), to help participants to understand their and strengths and development areas.
Module 1: Adaptive leadership
- What is a good leadership theory?
- Leader Vs Manager
- From one best style to leadership continuum
- Hersey and Blanchard’s Situational Leadership theory: contributions and limitations
- Know your leadership style (autocratic, participative and laissez-faire)
- How to become an adaptive leader?
Module 2: Performance Appraisal and Coaching
- Performance management cycle
- Common mistakes in appraisal
- Preparation for appraisal meeting
- Six steps for appraisal meeting
- Performance appraisal: golden opportunity for coaching
- Use GROW coaching model to structure a coaching session
Module 3: Building Effective Team
- Tuckman’s Team development model
- What is team synergy
- Belbin’s team role
- From team leader to facilitator
- Four stages of facilitation
- Facilitator toolkit- pick the right facilitation framework
Module 4: Solving Complex Problem
- Complex problem and psychological trap
- Kepner-Tregoe’s approach to attack complex problem
- Problem assessment and problem statement
- Identify the root causes by Problem Analysis (PA)
- Make the best selection by Decision Analysis (DA)
- Anticipate the risk ahead by Potential Problem Analysis (PPA)
Module 5: Service Planning and Program Evaluation
- Core service review: your body check
- Stakeholder analysis: hearing the unsaid
- PEST and SWOT analysis
- Identify the critical issues in your service
- Integrate evaluation into program planning
- Theory of change: logic model
- Create an evaluation plan
Module 6: Leading Effective Change
- Dynamics of change
- Why organization change initiatives often fail
- Kotter’s Eight-step change model
- How to increase the urgency of change
- How to set a vision and get buy-in
- How to create quick-wins
Module 7: Creativity and Service Innovation
- What is creativity and innovation
- Qualities of creative people: Da Vinci, Albert Einstein and Thomas Edison
- Creativity tools: SCAMPER and Idea Box
- Design thinking and service innovation
- Case studies of innovation in NGOs
Module 8: Quality Management and Continuous Improvement
- What is quality
- Quality system: from ISO9000 to SQS
- Dr. Deming’s PDCA cycle
- Using quality tools for process improvement
- Benchmarking and learning from best practices
Dr. Philip Fung (馮炳全博士)
Dr. Philip Fung is a seasoned human resources consultant and has more than 30 years experience in leadership development and organizational development. In the last 15 years, his focus was to assist NGOs in strategic planning and service innovation by using his knowledge & experience at senior management level of three listed companies Tse Sui Luen Jewellery Group, Group Sense and Bossini Group.
Through his interaction with social workers, middle and senior management of NGOs, he recognized the growing and unfilled needs of elderly, people with disabilities and chronic diseases. As Hong Kong moved further into an aging society, Dr. Fung is leading some pioneering initiatives in the prevention of stroke and dementia.
In addition, Dr. Fung has been invited to tailor-made the Strategic planning training program for more than twenty NGOs such as Yan Oi Tong. Hong Kong Lutheran Social Service, Yang Memorial Methodist Social Service, The Family Planning Association of Hong Kong and Hong Kong Society for Rehabilitation to meet the ever-changing welfare needs of our society.
Date & Time :
22/10, 29/10, 5/11 & 12/11/2020 (Thur.) 9:30am – 5:30pm (total of 28 hours)
- HKSPT Conference Room, 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- (Approx. 3 min walking distance from Whampoa MTR Station Exit D2)
Ranks include Managers, Senior Service-in-charge, Service-in-charge, Unit-in-charge, Senior Social workers / AOICs, and Team Leaders
Course Fee :
- HK$6,800- (Fee including the Personality & Preference Inventory, PAPITM)
- HK$6,600- (Enroll the course 1 month or more prior to the event)
- HK$200- discount /each for group of 3 or more
Cantonese supplemented with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Course Mode : Short Talk, Demonstration, Practice, Discussion & Sharing
Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
Nurse CNE : 28 CNE
Social Worder CPD : 28 CPD
Occupational Therapist CPD : To be confirmed
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in / Fast Payment Service (FPS – 轉數快) : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd“, A/C: 012-890-1-038-682-9, or FPS (轉數快) : 8835217. Please send the completed enrollment form and bank-in slip / Capture Slip to us by email (PDF) to email@example.com or by FAX: 852-2125 7900.
- We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you did not receive any confirmation.
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment :Click Here to contact us.
For enquiry : please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
- The course confirmation will be sent to participants via email at least 2 weeks before the course, please contact us if you do not receive any notification.
- All registration will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
- Once a registration has submitted, it cannot be refunded and cancelled for any reasons.
- All requests for any change of registration must be given in a written from for approval. An administration fee of HK$200 will be charged for any processing request.
- Official receipt will be issued on the first day of the course. Re issue of official receipt will be charged HK$50.
- If you have any enquiry, please feel free to contact us on www.hkspt.org or 3111 0264.