C2177 Decentered Interview: Step up Training Course on Narrative Therapy for Caring Professionals
Decentered Interview：Step up Training Course on Narrative Therapy for Caring Professionals
Module I: Basic Concepts and Skills ; Module II: Case Supervision
<Face to Face + Live Broadcast via ZOOM>
This three day workshop is intended to refresh, refine and sharpen the clinical skills of Decentered Interview coupled with externalizing questions which is a cornerstone in Narrative Therapy.
The purpose of Decentered Interview with externalizing questions is to address the power balance between the therapist and the consulting client, fostering a collaborative alliance as well as to help retrieve unique outcomes which are crucial for reauthoring a preferred sense of self.
This workshop is intended to be both informational, educational as well as experiential.
Module 1 (Basic Concepts and Skills):
- To gain a fundamental understanding of the philosophical foundation of modern power within the framework of post structuralism,
- To gain a more advanced understanding of what constitutes Decentered Interview
- To widen the understanding of intended outcome of Decentered Interview
- To review clinical demonstration of Decentered Interviews and how to retrieve unique outcomes
- To practice Decentered Interview
- To practice with supervision externalizing questions versus questions in general as often seen in therapeutic setting
Module 2 (Case Supervision): To refine the therapeutic skills of Decentered Interview, Asking Externalizing Questions and Case Supervision
Course Content :
Module 1 (Basic Concepts and Skills):
- Basic understanding of philosophical influences which helps to shape Michael White’s conception of narrative therapy
- The meaning of such philosophical implication for our personal and professional lives
- The meaning and importance of stories as opposed to feelings
- Understanding of externalizing conversation: naming the problem, tracing its history as well as exploring its effects
- Retrieving unique outcomes, thickening them and reconstructing an alternative preferred story plot
- The practice and developing the skills of asking good and helpful clinical questions
Module 2 (Case Supervision): Participants can bring their own video, transcripts or verbal reports for case supervision.
|Ms. Josanna Lai Yuk Lin (黎玉蓮女士)
Registered Clinical Psychologist
Josanna Lai, born and raised in Hong Kong with over ten years in North America and Australia, is a registered clinical psychologist with both local and overseas clinical experience. Her over twenty year of clinical experience has been in the areas of child assessment, psychiatric inpatient and outpatient hospital, university counseling center, non-government rehabilitation organization and private practice. Her areas of specialty include: depression, anxiety, suicide, bereavement, parenting, autism, mental handicap, marital issues, work stress, personal growth and cross-cultural adjustment.
Ms. Lai is a clinical supervisor for HK Master’s Programs in Clinical Psychology. She has also been appointed as the Honorary Clinical Supervisor for a large NGO rehabilitation organization. She was a personal friend of late Michael White and completed an intensive Diploma Course in Narrative Therapy under his tutelage. She was also the clinical supervisor for HK Baptist University Master’s Program in Youth Counseling.
In addition to the practice of psychotherapy, Josanna has been active in teaching, supervision of master clinical psychology students as well as conducting workshops, covering a wide spectrum of topics ranging from: managing corporal stress, the art of communication in the business world, the art of managing from top down and from bottom up, the challenges of parenting in the electronic age, managing the elderly and the illness in the family, the challenges of post retirement and so on.
Module 1: 21/10 & 28/10/2021 (Thur.)
Module 2: 11/11/2021 (Thur.)
Time: 0930-1730 per each day (3 days – total 21 hours)
- HKSPT Conference Room, 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Hung Hom, KLN, HK (Whampoa MTR Station Exit D2)
- MAP 位置圖
- HKSPT – 會議室坐位的大致安排
Course Fee: $4,800-
Special Offer : HK$4,700- Enroll the course at least one month prior to the event
Group Discount : HK$100- discount each for group of 3 or more
Individual Module :
Module 1: HK$3,300-
Module 2: HK$1,700-
Language : Cantonese supplemented with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Course Mode : Lecture, group discussion, role play & case sharing
Target : Helping professionals, such as clinical psychologists, counselors, social workers, teachers
Certificate : “Certificate of Attendance” issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Nurse (CNE) : 1 CNE point/ hour
- Social Worker (CPD) : 1 CPD point/ hour
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : To be confirmed
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in / Fast Payment Service (FPS) 轉數快 / PayMe : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd” 中銀香港A/C No: 012-890-1-038-682-9. or FPS (轉數快): 8835217 / PayMe : Please scan our PayMe QR Code and keep the payment record of PayMe screenshots. Please send the completed registration form and Bank in slip/ Capture Slip to Hong Kong Society of Professional Training either by email (PDF) to email@example.com or by fax: 852-21257900
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment : Click Here to contact us.
For enquiry : please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
- Confirmation email will be sent within 1 week from the day of registration made, please contact us if no further information received.
- Once a registration is submitted, it will be processed and non-refundable for any reasons. All request on registration amendment must be given in written form. Administration fee of HK$200- will be charged for any processing request.
- Official receipt will be issued on the first day of training. Administration fee of HK$50- will be charged for re-issue of official receipt
- The personal data provided on this form will only for registration use.