C22083 Certificate in Complex trauma and Addiction Treatment
Certificate in Complex Trauma and Addiction Treatment
Using Integrative Neurobiological & Psychosocial Oriented Approcah for Treatment and Relapse Prevention
Multi Delivery Mode : Face to Face / Live Broadcast via Zoom
With the growing studies and clinical observations, there are now known connections between trauma and behavioral addictions. In this training, a neurosomatic-psychosocial approach will be adopted as a treatment framework to work on trauma & addictive behaviors.
After this workshop, participants will learn:
- 1.Overview of the major concepts of addictive behavior, and its causes and impacts.
- To enhance the understanding of the neurobiology of trauma and addiction, and to explore the interactive relationship between the underlying trauma symptoms and the addictive behavior.
- To Integrate neuro-somatic techniques that teach client how to regulate their nervous system, decrease anxiety, tolerate boredom and loneliness, and ground themselves both physically & emotionally.
- To integrate the neuro-somatic awareness techniques into the treatment process including Motivational Interviewing, Systemic, Narrative practice, and DBT, to enhance treatment effectiveness and lower the likelihood of relapse.
- Substance addiction and behavioral addiction concepts
- Common myths about addiction
- Causes of addiction and its impacts on individuals and families
- The link between trauma and addiction
- Intricate links between trauma and addiction from neurobiology perspective
- Why people cannot get out of the loop in trauma and addiction
- Why adopting Neuro-bio-psychosocial perspective for treating addictive behaviors and relapse prevention
- Brief concept on:
a)Neuro-Somatic oriented psychotherapy
b)Trauma-informed Motivational Interviewing
c)Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)
d)Systemic perspective and Narrative Practice
- Building safety and connection with clients through grounded presence and attunement
- Teaching basic neuro-somatic techniques for traumatic emotional and affect regulation for treatment and prevention
- Basic techniques on creating corrective experiences and building emotional resilience for treatment and prevention
- Basic practice skills in building the sense of self through differentiation and Narrative practice
- Basic interviewing skills on the Trauma-informed Motivational Interviewing
- Basic techniques on DBT
- Conclusion: The application of integrative intervention approach for addictive treatment and relapse prevention
Dr. Tse Ka Wo, Nick (謝家和博士)
Dr. Paulina Kwok (郭志英博士)
DSW, PgD (Family-Centred), MASW
Date & Time : (待定) 9:30am-5:30pm (total of 14 hours)
< Multi Delivery Mode : Face to Face / Live Broadcast via ZOOM >
Email request must be made and submitted to email@example.com for participants who would like to register the ZOOM Training.
HKSPT Conference Room, 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Hung Hom, KLN, HK
(Approx. 3 min walking distance from Whampoa MTR Station Exit D2)
Target : Social workers, counselors, psychologists, health-care professionals, teachers, police officer and judicial personnel, as well as allied professionals
Course Fee :
- HK$2,800- (Enroll the course prior to the event)
- discount $100/each person (for each group of 3 or above)
Language : Cantonese supplemented with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Course Mode : Short Talk, Demonstration, Practice, Discussion & Sharing
Certificate : Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Nurse CNE : 14 points
- Social Worker CPD : 14 points
- Occupational Therapist CPD : To be confirmed
Click here, download Registration Form
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in / Fast Payment Service (FPS) 轉數快 / PayMe : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd” 中銀香港A/C No: 012-890-1-038-682-9. or FPS (轉數快): 8835217 / PayMe : Please scan our PayMe QR Code and keep the payment record of PayMe screenshots. Please send the completed registration form and Bank in slip/ Capture Slip to Hong Kong Society of Professional Training either by email (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax: 852-21257900
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment : Click Here to contact us.
4. For enquiry : please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
- The course confirmation will be sent to participants via email at least 2 weeks before the course, please contact us if you do not receive any notification.
- All registration will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
- Once registration has submitted, it cannot be refunded and canceled for any reason.
- All requests for any change of registration must be given in a written form for approval. An administration fee of HK$200 will be charged for any processing request.
- Official receipt will be issued on the first day of the course. Re-issue of official receipt will be charged HK$50.
- If you have any enquiry, please feel free to contact us at www.hkspt.org or 3111 0264.