C22088 Certificate in Understanding Gaming Disorder
Certificate in Understanding Internet Gaming Disorder
SYMPTOMS, CAUSES, AND TREATMENTS
徵 狀 ￭ 成 因 ￭ 治 療
The World Health Organization (WHO) announced in 2018 that it includes “Gaming Disorder” in the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11), a move that has sparked controversy among the medical, psychology and mental health community. However, the 5th edition of The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5) places “Internet Gaming Disorder” as a condition for further study, implying that IGD is yet qualified as a mental disorder. Notwithstanding the disagreement, the IGD still draws attention not just in the scholarly field but the parents, educators, and helping professionals who have adolescents with gaming problems. This course is designed to provide the latest evidence of IGD from prevalence, screening criteria, preventive measures and treatments.
This training provides a comprehensive understanding of problematic and disordered gaming, allowing social services and mental health professionals to understand the context, dynamics, mechanisms and special issues that present with IGD clients.
- The concepts of substance addiction and behaviour addictions
- Prevalence of Internet Gaming Disorder (IGD)
- The Diagnostic criteria of IGD in DSM-5? and ICD
- Brief introduction to different screening and assessment instruments
- The Treatments for IGD
- Skills and techniques use to engage people addicted to internet gaming
Dr. Tse Ka Wo, Nick (謝家和博士)
Dr Tse Ka Wo, Nick is an Assistant Professor specializing in Addiction and Mental Health at The HKCT Institute of Higher Education. Nick is also a registered social worker (SWRB), certified counsellor, and Associate Fellow (HKPCA) in Hong Kong. In addition, he has specialized training at the International Programme in Addiction Studies (IPAS), which is provided by the world’s leading research universities in the field of Addiction Sciences: King’s College London, the University of Adelaide, and Virginia Commonwealth University. Dr Tse is the first MINT certified Motivational Interviewing (MI) trainer and the rater for the MINT trainer certification scheme in Hong Kong. Recently, he has dedicated himself to investigating the novelty approach of Collective Motivational Interviewing (CMI) by incorporating the social nexus paradigm to address adolescents with addiction problems.
Date & Time :23/8/2022 (Tue) 9:30am – 5:30pm
- HKSPT Conference Room, 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Hung Hom, KLN, HK
- Approx. 3 min walking distance from Whampoa MTR Station Exit D2
Target : Social workers, counselors, psychologists, health-care professionals, teachers, police officer and judicial personnel, as well as allied professionals
Course Fee :
- HK$1,350- (Enroll the course prior to the event)
- discount $50/each person (for each group of 3 or above)
Language : Cantonese supplemented with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Course Mode : Short Talk, Demonstration, Practice, Discussion & Sharing
Certificate : Certificate of Attendance issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in / Fast Payment Service (FPS) 轉數快 / PayMe : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd” 中銀香港A/C No: 012-890-1-038-682-9. or FPS (轉數快): 8835217 / PayMe : Please scan our PayMe QR Code and keep the payment record of PayMe screenshots. Please send the completed registration form and Bank in slip/ Capture Slip to Hong Kong Society of Professional Training either by email (PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org or by fax: 852-21257900
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment : Click Here to contact us.
4. For enquiry : please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
- The course confirmation will be sent to participants via email at least 2 weeks before the course, please contact us if you do not receive any notification.
- All registration will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
- Once registration has submitted, it cannot be refunded and canceled for any reason.
- All requests for any change of registration must be given in a written form for approval. An administration fee of HK$200 will be charged for any processing request.
- Official receipt will be issued on the first day of the course. Re-issue of official receipt will be charged HK$50.
- If you have any enquiry, please feel free to contact us at www.hkspt.org or 3111 0264.