C23147 NFPS Trainer Refresher Course (Class 24)
NFPS Trainer Refresher Course
Restraint & Breakaway Instructor Refresher and Accreditation Course
by NFPS, Class 24
Training at a higher level for Workplace & Personal Safety
The main aim of the course is to refresh and qualify you with a Licensed Award in Physical Restraint and breakaway Techniques Instruction, making you a professionally qualified Physical Intervention Instructor with a licensed certificate issued by a UK leading specialist in conflict risk management and personal safety training consultancy. This course also offers updated and advanced technical training from very low level and least intrusive interventions, suitable for staff who may have to deal with vulnerable young people or vulnerable adults, through to the more restrictive level holds required for staff who have to deal with a much higher degree of challenging behavior or more aggressive and violent behavior.
1. Refresh the Laws Govern the Use of Physical Force for Restraint
2. Refresh the techniques of Least Restrictive / Non-harmful Methods of Control / High-level intervention / Breakaway Techniques
3. Update you with the humanistic approaches and advanced technical skills on managing the low-level intensity of challenging/violent behavior
4. The Use of Safety Pods
If you’re an NFPS-accredited trainer for your organization, you’ll need to complete a short re-accreditation course annually to continue delivering training. Our trainer courses are valid for twelve months, so you’ll need to book your re-accreditation course within this time period.
The benefits of re-accreditation
- Continue leading and supporting the delivery of training in your organization
- Stay aware of statutory guidance and legal changes
- Refresh your knowledge
- Keep consistent in your approach
- Update your skills
- Invest in your continued professional development
We have specifically designed our refresher courses for individuals who have already achieved an NFPS trainer full pass, covering everything you need to keep confidently delivering NFPS Physical Restraint and Breakaway training in your organization.
Mr. Lawrence Chu or/and his Professional Team
Mr. Lawrence Chu (朱德俊先生)
- National Coach Tutor & Greater China Representative (NFPS)
- Licensed Physical Restraint and Breakaway Train the Trainer Instructor (NFPS)
- Certified Trainer, The Mandt System ® (US) 2011-2015
- Master of Social Science in Counseling (Uni. SA)
- Licensed NLP Trainer (SNLPTM)
- Licensed Medical NLP Health Practitioner (UK)
- Associate Certified Meta-Coach® (ISNS)
- Registered Corporate Coach (WABC)
- Licensed Facilitator, The Coaching Clinic ® (CCUI)
- Certified Hypnotherapist (ACHE 2007-2014, NGH)
- Certified Hypnotherapist Instructor (NGH)
- Registered Nurse (Psychiatric)
- Accredited Family Mediator (HKMAAL) 2013-2014
朱德俊先生 (Mr. Lawrence Chu) 是大中華區目前唯一同時接受美國 (The Mandt System®, US) 及 英國 (The National Federation of Personal Safety, NFPS Ltd.) 處理工作間暴力事故、脫身法及暴力行為控制培訓資歷之導師，亦是首位獲英國 NFPS 授權可直接頒發脫身法導師認證 ” Train the Trainer ” 的華人導師。在中國香港、澳門及加拿大，已舉辦超過 400 場次相關工作坊及教授超過 10,000 人次學習如何處理暴力行為及人際衝突事故。
Course Date: 14/12/2023 (Thue)
Time: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm (7 hours)
- Room 201, Tsui Ping Road, Kwun Tong, Christian Family Service Centre (CFSC)
- 基督教家庭服務中心: 香港九龍官塘翠屏道 3 號 2 樓201 室 (港鐵官塘站 D1 出口 步行約3分鐘)
- For Current NFPS / HKSPT Licensed Trainers only.
- For Expired NFPS / HKSPT Trainer (Expired for a period less than 3 years): Additional Charge HK$1,300-
- For NFPS /HKSPT Accreditation Certificate that has expired for a period exceeding 3 years is not renewable by this course. In that case, if you wish to re-obtain an NFPS / HKSPT Accreditation Certificate, you will be required to attend our 3-Day Refresher updating the program and re-take all assessments again.
Language: Cantonese supplement with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Course Mode: Lecture, discussion, practical exercise
1. For Current trainer (The Fee includes UK Value Added Tax and Administrative Charge)
2. Special Rate for Non-commercial & Agency-based Internal Trainer only <社福機構內部培訓導師優惠>
(License holder must not conduct any public training or class either in the name of the licensee or any organization, therefore, no revenue or training fee should be generated under this term.)
- HK$2,600- Online Registration Special Rate Code: NFPS2023NGO <Special Rate Discount: Register on or before 14/10/2023>
Expired NFPS / HKSPT Trainer (Expired for a period less than 1-3 years): Additional Charge HK$1,300- (please contact our staff for registration)
Professional Accreditation :
- Occupational Therapist (CPD): To be confirmed
- Physiotherapist (CPD): To be confirmed
- Social Worker (CPD): 7 points
Participants who reach 100% attendance and complete all performance assessments will be eligible to apply:
- Certificate of “Licensed Physical Restraint & Breakaway Instructor” issued by “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training”
- One Year Certificate of “Restraint and Breakaway Instructor Accreditation”, issued by “The National Federation for Personal Safety, NFPS Ltd, UK”
- Payment by Cheque: Please send the completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in / Fast Payment Service (FPS – 轉數快): Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd“, A/C: 012-890-1-038-682-9, or FPS (轉數快): 8835217. Please send the completed enrollment form and bank-in slip / Capture Slip to us by email (PDF) to email@example.com or by FAX: 852-2125 7900.
- We will confirm through email within 1 week, please contact us if you do not receive any confirmation.
- Macau Payment: Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment: Click Here to contact us.
For enquiry: Please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
NFPS System – “Easier to Learn and Easier to Teach”
An Independent Comparative Review By Southampton University
Since 2009 The Priory Group – one of the largest providers of Healthcare services in Europe – moved away from its old MVA and Physical Intervention Training to adopt the NFPS system of work. Recently the Priory commissioned an independent comparative survey from the University of Southampton to compare the NFPS system to the previous system used and to ensure that the NFPS system of work was acceptable: clinically, ethically, and legally.
The review showed that NFPS System was easier to learn, easier to teach, was legally accurate and legally defensible, and was based on a thorough assessment of risk.
Testimonial from a World Leading Expert on the Use of Force and Personal Safety Training and consultancy
Lawrence is one of life’s good guys. He is someone I would trust explicitly as he believes in doing what is right because it is the right thing to do. Lawrence has invested in your training and development through his approach to his own investment in what he knows which has resulted in him traveling the world to source and train with some of the world’s best in their chosen fields. His journey of endeavor and quest for excellence will undoubtedly help you start on your journey, as he has already walked the path that you are now choosing to follow. As one great person once said: “We should not judge people by their peak of excellence, but by the distance, they have traveled from the point where they started.”
If you are looking for a new start then it is always best to follow in the footsteps of a wise and knowledgeable traveler. That is what we do when we choose our holidays, why not do the same when we make other life choices? My recommendation is to let Lawrence be your guide.
Mark Dawes, UK Expert on the Use of Force and Published Author.
朱德俊先生 (Mr. Lawrence Chu) 是大中華區目前唯一同時接受美國 (The Mandt System®, US) 及 英國 (The National Federation of Personal Safety, NFPS UK) 處理工作間暴力事故培訓資歷之導師，亦是首位獲英國 NFPS UK 授權可直接頒發導師認證 ” Train the Trainer ” 的華人導師。在中國香港、澳門及加拿大，已舉辦超過400 場次相關工作坊及教授超過 10,000 人次學習如何處理暴力行為及人際衝突事故。
- 如有任何疑問，歡迎瀏覽本學會網頁hkspt.org 或致電 3111 0264 查詢。
問題一: 專業導師為什麼需要持續進修及認證 (Instructor Refresher Course & Accreditation)？
- 所有持有英國 NFPS「Restraint & Breakaway Instructor Accreditation」的導師認證有效期為一年，發證機構為確保導師符合最新安全指引、典範實務 「BEST PRACTICE 」及專業水平，要求所有導師必須每年參與持續進修 (refresher course) 及 通過評核 (Assessment)，經評核合格後再獲年度認可證書(Accreditation)。
- Chick here to the List of Licensed NFPS Trainers in Hong Kong
- 根據暴力行為控制及脫身法培訓的典範實務 「BEST PRACTICE 」，英國 NFPS 標準為每年必須重修及通過評核，而美國 The Mandt System ® 標準為每兩年必須重修及通過評核。
- 為確保所學的技巧為最新及符合相關安全指引，我們建議機構 / 學員使用持有年度認證的導師。事實上，我們學會已更新及停止教授 2008-2012 年的大部份脫身法技巧及控制法，以符合英國和美國相關指引及安全指數。
- 持有年度英國 NFPS 認可培訓機構名稱 (Licensed Centre)已刊載在英國 NFPS 網頁: NFPS Licensed Centres List ，歡迎按此查看。
- 參與機構亦可向服務提供者要求查看導師是否持有年度認可證書 (Accreditation Certificate / Refresher Certificate )，確保質素。
- 本學會全部導師通過年度英國 NFPS 評核，並領有認可證書，歡迎各機構查詢。
- 請按此查看香港 NFPS 認證導師名冊: Click here to the List of Licensed Trainers in Hong Kong