C23122 Certificate in Clinical Practice in Fine Tuning Conceptualization of Adolescent Self Harm at School Setting
Certificate in Clinical Practice in Fine Tuning Conceptualization of Adolescent Self Harm at School Setting
Introduction + Course Objectives :
On Adolescent self harm, addressing it from the perspective of school social worker.
It has been a growing phenomenon that adolescents engage in the threats of and engagement of self harm behaviour. This workshop is intended to help school social workers conceptualize this phenomenon from gender perspective of internalizing vs externalizing disorder. Furthermore, developmental lens of identity development and role of discourses are also explored in their role of self harm in adolescence. Narrative therapy’s ways of exploring meaning of self harm as well as how to resurrect the sense of agency is going to be role played in class together with clinical case illustrations.
Course Content :
1) Spectrum of self harm viewing it from gender perspective/internalizing vs externalizing disorder perspective
2) Features of adolescence from developmental perspective
3) Contemporary individual and family discourses and role of social media
4) Meaning of self harm to the adolescent vs others
5) Ways to recruit rapport with the adolescent through narrative questions; role play is included
6) Recruit the understanding of the family or any significant others; role play is included
7) Case studies
8) Case supervision
Ms. Josanna Lai (黎玉蓮小姐)
Ms. Lai is a registered clinical psychologist with over twenty years of clinical experience both in Hong Kong and Australia. Her clinical work spans across different clinical settings including psychiatric hospital (HK & Australia), university counseling setting, rehabilitation setting and private practice. She is a clinical supervisor for HK Master’s Programs in Clinical Psychology as well as honorary clinical supervisor for Fu Hong.
Ms. Lai was a personal friend of late Michael White and completed an intensive Diploma Course in Narrative Therapy under his tutelage. She was also the clinical supervisor for HK Baptist University Master’s Program in Youth Counseling.
Date & Time:
4/8/2023 (Fri.) 9:30am – 5:30pm (7 hours)
- HKSPT Conference Room, 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Hung Hom, KLN, HK (Whampoa MTR Station Exit D2)
- Full Course fee:
- Special Offer :HK$1,500-
- Early bird : HK$1,450- (Enroll the course at least two months prior to the event)
Language: Cantonese supplemented with English (Teaching materials are mainly in English)
Course Mode: Lecture, group discussion & case sharing
- Helping professionals, such as clinical psychologists, counselors, social workers, teachers
Certificate: “Certificate of Attendance” issued by Hong Kong Society of Professional Training
- Social Worker (CPD) : 1 CPD point/ hour
- Occupational Therapist (CPD) : To be confirmed
Online Payment for Enroll Full Course
- Payment by Cheque : Please send completed registration form with a cross cheque payable to “Hong Kong Society of Professional Training” to 202-204A, Two Harbourfront, Tak Fung Street, Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
- Payment by Bank-in / Fast Payment Service (FPS) 轉數快 / PayMe : Please bank in the course fee to our bank account with “Bank of China (HK) Ltd” 中銀香港A/C No: 012-890-1-038-682-9. or FPS (轉數快): 8835217 / PayMe : Please scan our PayMe QR Code and keep the payment record of PayMe screenshots. Please send the completed registration form and Bank in slip/ Capture Slip to Hong Kong Society of Professional Training either by email (PDF) to email@example.com or by fax: 852-21257900
- Macau Payment : Please click this link for details
- Overseas payment : Click Here to contact us.
For enquiry : please contact our staff at 3111 0264 or Click Here to contact us.
- The course confirmation will be sent to participants via email at least 2 weeks before the course, please contact us if you do not receive any notification.
- All registration will be accepted on a first come first served basis.
- Once a registration has submitted, it cannot be refunded and cancelled for any reasons.
- All requests for any change of registration must be given in a written from for approval. An administration fee of HK$200 will be charged for any processing request.
- Official receipt will be issued on the first day of the course. Re issue of official receipt will be charged HK$50.
- If you have any enquiry, please feel free to contact us on www.hkspt.org or 3111 0264.
Online Payment for Enroll Full Course
There are no reviews yet.